Friday, November 16, 2012

Me, Myself, & I

Today's post is just going to be some random/quirky things about me! I love it when bloggers write a post so you can get to know them better, so that's what I'm doing today.

1. I like spending time alone. Not that I'm totally anti-social, but I'm not one of those people who feels like I always need to be doing something with someone else. In fact, I love just going to Target, Hobby Lobby, or some other store all by myself. I like being able to look at whatever I want and take my time :)

2. I used to be terrified of dogs. I absolutely hated them. My next door neighbor used to have a small poodle, and I can remember one day when he was out, and my friend and I ran and locked ourselves in my fenced in backyard so the dog wouldn't get us. And now I have a dog that I love so much!

3. I have always liked sweets, but lately my sweet tooth has gone off the charts. I seriously can't go an entire day without some kind of chocolate or sweet. Lately I've resorted to our stash of baking chocolate chips to satisfy the craving - ha!

4. I very rarely watch TV, especially shows during the week. If I have time on a weeknight, I'd much rather watch a movie than a TV show.

5. I don't like super greasy fast food. McDonald's grosses me out so much. I love Chick-fil-A and Subway, but that's about it. My family never just decides to go to Wendy's, Burger King, or McDonald's for dinner unless we have 5 minutes to eat and it's the only thing there!

6. I don't like to speed. I'm one of those people who almost always drives the speed limit. I'm just so nervous about being pulled over and ticketed, so I'd rather just not take the risk!

7. Going along with #6, I'm a rule follower. I don't like breaking rules or laws. I'm definitely not one to take crazy risks. I have that mindset that I don't want to do anything stupid that could jeopardize something in my future, so I'd much rather play it safe.

8. I am always extremely aware of my surroundings. I realize that's definitely a good thing, but I often freak myself out over nothing. For example, one day I was walking to pick up the kids I babysit from school. One of the streets I have to walk down is just a small street with some older homes on it. I don't see a lot of people out around there. Well, I was walking and I heard someone behind me. I glanced over my shoulder, and I noticed there was a man running towards me. I got so freaked out as a million different scenarios flashed through my mind, and my first though was that I had no way to defend myself if this guy came up to me. Well, it turns out that the guy just ran right past me, and as he did so he just turned and smiled at me. Not a creepy I'm-going-to-attack-you kind of smile, but just a nice hello kind of smile. Then I felt stupid since he was probably running late to pick his own kids up or something. But I seriously do things like that all the time.

9. I am not a procrastinator. At all. I have a big research paper due Tuesday that a lot of people haven't even started yet, but I have it all written. Sydney, the girl I babysit, never wants to do her homework right when she comes home from school, and I don't understand it. I will die if I have kids one day that are procrastinators. So. not. me.

10. I have a Type A personality, and at times I will admit I can be a bit of a perfectionist. Especially when it comes to cake pops. They always have to be perfect, or it bothers me. I try not to be so hardcore about my cake pops, but I just can't help it.

Have a great weekend! I'm looking forward to sleeping in tomorrow.

No comments: