Sunday, December 9, 2012

Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays

This has been another good and busy weekend filled with lots of Christmas things.

Friday night my family and I went out to eat at our favorite Mexican restaurant called Acapulco's. It got closed down a few months ago due to under reporting sales and workers with fake social security numbers (bummer), but it recently reopened, and we're so glad it did!

Then I came home, made some hot chocolate, and watched a Christmas movie! I got some of these really neat flavored hot chocolate stirrers from St. Nick (via Target), and I think they're so neat.

Saturday I did all of my Christmas shopping. I hadn't done any of it, and Saturday was the only day I could, so I went to town. I left my house around 2:30 in the afternoon and didn't get home until after 9. It was a long day, but so fun. I ended up going by myself, and it was kind of nice. I'd never shopped that much by myself, but you can get a lot done.

I left this note for my family since they were gone and didn't have their cell phones when I left - ha!

I did some shopping around where I live before I headed out to the mall.

I had dinner at Noodles - my favorite! It was funny because I sat and ate by myself, and it didn't bother me at all. This time last year that would have totally freaked me out :)

The mall was crowded, but I loved it! There's just something about shopping in a busy mall while listening to Christmas music that makes me so happy.

I got a lot of good shopping done and even stopped for my favorite treat - Yagoot.

I found a lot of good deals at Macy's too. Have I mentioned that's my favorite store?

Although I was doing Christmas shopping, I had to buy this for myself considering it's an INC dress that had a price tag of $80 that I ended up getting for $8. Love!

Then I headed home and assessed the damage.....

I felt like Santa with all of these gifts!

I turned on The Polar Express, sorted through all the bags, and wrapped a few presents. One of my cousins is into Barbies this year, and when I saw a pastry chef Barbie, I had to get it. If I was still into Barbies, I would have picked one up for myself :)

I put this gift together for my little sister at school, and I'm obsessed with the way it's turning out. I'll post more pictures when I'm finished with it. I'm all about stretching my dollar, and I pretty much put this whole gift together for around $20. I'm SO happy with it.

Coco was laying next to me while I was watching my movie and working on my presents!

I also made a present for one of my cousins, and since she doesn't read my blog, I can share it with you! She's the one that got married in October. I used her save the date, invitation, rehearsal dinner invite, and program for it. I cut them into strips, curled the strips up, and put it into a clear ornament. It was so easy, but I love the way it turned out.


Today my family went to see A Christmas Carol. That's one of my favorite plays, and I just love the message of it. It always puts me in the Christmas spirit.

My dad and I before the show.....

Waiting for the show to start.....

After the show we went to dinner at a place called Buckheads. I had never been before, but I really liked it. They had really good rolls with a cinnamon honey butter - I love a place with good rolls!

Look - I even sat by Santa Claus - ha! The table next to his had a kid that was standing up on the booth, and the kid's parents were telling him to sit I guess, and Santa turned around and told him that "Santa is watching". So funny!

And with that, another weekend is over! I'm already looking forward to next weekend.......

No comments: