Monday, December 24, 2012

The Nutcracker

Merry Christmas Eve! I'm looking forward to a few days spent with family. I can't wait for all the Christmas festivities to begin.

First off: I just now realized that I hit my 500th blog post last week. Ugh, I've been noticing that I was getting close, but it must have just slipped by me. I wish it would have been something neat and exciting, but my 500th post was just about random Christmas stuff. I can't believe I've had that much to say over the last few years, but here's to 500 more blog posts!

Now onto yesterday's fun. I love blogging about the things that happen in my life because it's a great way for me to look back on things I otherwise would have forgotten.

Yesterday afternoon my mom and I went to see the Nutcracker downtown. I had never seen the Nutcracker, or really any ballet for that matter. It was definitely different, but I thought it was neat how the entire show was told just through music and dancing. One of my friends also danced in the show, so that was really neat to see.

My mom and I before we left......


We even splurged and got 2nd row seats! That was neat - we were close enough that I could tell which dancer Christina was.

Me with the Nutcracker after the show.....


We had dinner reservations later on, so we had some time to kill downtown. First we warmed up with a trip to Starbucks!

Then we walked around the Westin and looked at their Christmas decorations.




And Fountain Square!


And of course no trip downtown is complete without a walk through Tiffany's!



We also walked around Macy's before meeting up with my dad and heading to dinner at Palomino's.




I love how the restaurant overlooks the Square!


After dinner we went home and watched Home Alone by the glow of our small Christmas tree.

Once again, Merry Christmas Eve!

"I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all year." - Charles Dickens

No comments: