Sunday, March 24, 2013

Rita's Weekend!

Hey! I hope you had a fabulous weekend. They always seem to go by too quick, don't they?

My weekend started off by cheering on my UC bearcats. They unfortunately lost, but there's always next year, right?

Friday night my mom and I went to Target and picked up Les Mis. I had never seen the play and didn't even know the story line. We started watching it that night, but didn't get to finish it. I'm curious to see how it ends.

On Saturday day morning I had a meeting with my Senior Project mentor, and then I mainly relaxed in the afternoon, worked on a little homework, and took some silly pictures with Coco.

My parents have been telling me for about a week that I could pick any place to go for dinner to celebrate the scholarships I got. I didn't have a specific restaurant I wanted to go to, but my only request was Rita's!

So on the way up to Rita's, we stopped and had dinner at Uno's. I love any excuse for Chicago deep dish pizza.

Then it was time for Rita's: my favorite treat in the whole world! I was a little disappointed at first that they didn't have strawberry ice (my favorite flavor), but it forced me to try raspberry, and I really liked it.


Then since we were so close, we went and walked around The Greene for a little bit. I love shopping around there, and I can't wait to be able to do it in the summer when it isn't as cold.

Today has been a normal Sunday - church, homework, and finishing off some preparations for the upcoming week. I started baking these Aztec-Chile Chocolate Cupcakes for a Mexican presentation I have on Tuesday. I'll finish making the icing tomorrow, but I'm happy with the way the cupcakes themselves turned out. I love how they just have a hint of the cayenne and chile pepper the recipe called for.

I also enjoyed this cute little cookie I bought at Cheryl's last night at The Greene. I have a serious sweet tooth problem - ha!

They're calling for a big snow storm tonight into tomorrow morning that could make the morning commute a mess. As much as I'm over this winter weather, I am hoping for a snow day so I don't have to go to school :)

Have a great start to your week!

No comments: