Life has been busy lately, and I expect that to be the case for the next several months. Blogging has been pushed to the back burner a little bit this week. I'm alright with that though - if I didn't take a break from blogging to live life a little bit, I'd never have anything to blog about. I thought about posting last night, but then decided relaxing on the couch while watching a movie was just a little more important. It's all about priorities!
So now that I have a few minutes to write a quick post, I thought I'd just list a few random things from this week.....
1. A few cute pictures of Coco to start off with:
2. Back in January I mentioned that I went on a college business interview for UC. They have 2 different business honors programs, and I found out this week that I got into 1 of them. I'm literally SO thankful I got into 1 of them - it makes college seem so much more real now. The thing I'm most excited about with this program? They have a Belgium/France trip for upper classmen. And it goes to Paris - my dream vacation destination!
3. I was looking through some old pictures/blog posts the other day, I saw that this time last year the weather was actually warm. Boo! The screen shot on the left was taken on March 13, 2012, and the one on the right I took on March 13, 2013. Oh how I wish it was 75 degrees right now instead of in the 40s....
4. Yesterday I broke a really long record I had going. I hadn't gone to the nurse at school since 4th grade (8 years!), but I had to go yesterday. I got a nasty splinter on one of our old wooden desks that I couldn't get out myself. I think I was more upset about breaking my 8 year no-nurse record than I was about getting the splinter - ha! For some reason I always feel stupid going to see the nurse, so I try to avoid it as you can tell :)
5. Last night I posted my first ever Throwback Thursday picture on Instagram. I don't know why I've never done one before - I may be a regular with it now though. I posted this picture from my 8th grade May Crowning. At my grade school we always had a crowning of Mary in the middle of May. That was the day the 8th graders wore their graduation dresses/outfits, got their pictures taken, and left school early. I remember always looking forward to the day when I would be an 8th grader and get to dress up for May crowning, and I actually got to crown Mary my 8th grade year. And now it was 4 years ago. Where has the time gone?!
After we were dismissed, all of my friends went out to eat together, and then a few of us went up to a really pretty park that overlooks the city. This is one of the pictures we took, and I think I will always remember this day.
6. Today was the last day of the 3rd quarter at school. I really don't like the sound of that :) Things seem to be winding down all of a sudden, and it's making me nervous. Teachers are starting to worry about finishing all the material before AP test time. My art teacher explained all of our 4th quarter assignments today and talked about how we get our own wall in the art show this year. I can hear the tick clocking in my head, and I know there isn't much time left before the buzzer goes off. And honestly, I hate it. I hate the idea of walking out of that school and leaving everything behind. Of never walking down the hallways again and always running into a friend or teacher to say hi to.
Someone asked in one of my classes today how many days of school we have left, and one of my classmates answered "too many." In my head though, I answered "not enough."
This week has just really hit me right across the face with reality. I only have 1/16 of my time in high school left, and if I've learned anything these past 4 years, it's that time goes faster the older you get. I know this quarter is going to be the quickest one yet and that college is literally right down the street.
And with that, I'm off to work on a little bit of school work (I'm pretty sure it's never ending....) before a fish fry tonight. I hope you have a great weekend!