Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Snow Day!

Well, my prayers were answered - we had a snow day today! It was our first one in over 2 years. I think our last snow day was January 20, 2011 - crazy! Normally we get several snow days each winter. I'm not really complaining though.

The weather is supposed to really warm up by the weekend though, so I think that was our last real snowfall. I'm just glad I got one last snow day in high school!

This morning I slept in and did some relaxing with Coco.


Then my mom and I watched Mamma Mia while I baked brownies. I have to admit that as much as I like to bake from scratch, I don't think I have ever made homemade brownies. I just love the Ghirardelli boxed ones so much!

For me, the best part about baking brownies is getting to eat some of the leftover batter :)



I'm pretty sure Coco just laid on the couch about 90% of the day today - ha! I can't say I blame her though.

I am definitely more of a summer girl, but I have to admit - the snow on the trees is really pretty.



We actually got several inches!

The roads ended up really not being bad at all in the afternoon, so my mom and I ventured out to Target and Kroger's before heading home and watching The Proposal. I've actually had a decent amount of homework to work on too. That's the bad thing about getting older and having snow days - teachers still expect you to do the homework you would have had today anyway :/

Tonight I also made some blueberry muffins in between studying.


Overall, I'd say it was a pretty good snow day filled with good movies and some easy baking!

But now I'm ready for spring......

No comments: