Monday, March 18, 2013

Shopping & Concerts

I hope you all had a great weekend - I always look forward to the weekends. It's a nice break from the weekly routine.

This weekend was fairly laid-back, and I loved it. I spent a lot of time with my family, which is something I always enjoy doing.

On Friday night we had a fish fry at home, and then my mom and I went to Target. I got so excited to see that all of their summer stuff is out already, even though the weather outside feels like summer (and even spring) is a long way away.

On Saturday afternoon my family and I headed out to the mall to do some shopping. I am obsessed with all of the colors for this upcoming season.

We left the mall to go to dinner at Noodles & Co. and to hit up Ulta - one of my favorite stores.

When we went back to the mall after dinner, we ran into a bunch of people we know! My mom's friend was out there with her mom and daughter, and my aunt and cousins were out there too.

It was a very successful shopping trip for me as well. I got a new shirt, a book about a bunch of Paris sweets, some new makeup products, this bottle of Butter London nail polish (called Fiver).....

....and a cute new pair of flats.

I just have to add in this silly picture of Coco laying on my phone too.....

Yesterday afternoon my mom and I met 2 of my aunts for a late lunch/early dinner at Longhorn's. I haven't been there in years.

My mom and I split their Turtle Sundae too - so good!

Then after dinner we headed to a concert. We saw Mandisa, Brandon Heath, and Laura Story. If you've never heard of them before, they are all Christian singers, and their songs all have such a good message. I love listening to them!

One of my favorites is "Blessings" by Laura Story.

And I realize my pictures are terrible, but I'm going to post them anyway.....






I also tweeted yesterday afternoon about officially going to UC, and I got a reply from them (along with a bunch of other random people) welcoming me to the UC community. I feel SO blessed and welcomed already :)

I love fun, family weekends like this!

No comments: