Sunday, January 27, 2013

Father/Daughter Dance & Other Weekend Things

My weekend actually started early for me - I didn't go into school on Friday. So my weekend kicked off Thursday night by watching some of my friends play basketball against our biggest rivals.

We had school on Friday, but I didn't go because I had a big college interview. I think it went well, but I'm so glad it's over. I had been nervous about it for awhile because it was my first ever "professional" interview. I'm happy I don't have to think about it anymore, and now I just have to wait and see what the outcome is. I had to look business casual too - when I was getting ready Friday morning it hit me that I'm pretty much an adult now. Going on a business interview isn't something kids ever do :)

I was exhausted by the time I got home and did some snuggling with Coco.....


Friday night it was cold and I was tired, so I literally had my pajamas on by 6, ate grilled cheese and soup for dinner, and watched a movie. A perfect relaxing winter evening!

Saturday morning I was pinning some recipes and got the itch to bake (pretty much a feeling I always have - ha!), so I made these Oreo Cream Cheese Cookies. I'm a sucker for anything Oreo, so I loved these!

Then it was time for my very last Father/Daughter Dance. Kind of sad really!


My dad and I went to dinner at Buckhead's right on the river - I thought the view of the city was beautiful!

This Father/Daughter Dance was really different from all of my previous ones. Not in a bad way - just in a different way. For one, I didn't go out to eat with a group of friends. It was kind of nice though just going out with my dad. After dinner we stopped at Starbucks, and it was funny because their coffee machine was broken. Talk about ironic!

I guess I felt like the dance was different this year too because I don't feel like I have a big group of friends anymore. I went into high school with a big group of probably 10 grade school friends, but over the years our group has gone off in different directions. I guess in the last year we've really split apart even further. And it was never a fight or disagreeable differences that drove us apart, we've all just changed and become different people. And not that I still don't consider them friends anymore, they just aren't the people I do things with on the weekends.

So although I don't have a big group of friends anymore, I feel like I know more people from different groups of friends if that makes any sense. And for probably for the first dance in my life, I floated around to whoever I saw that I knew. If I saw a friend, I'd go up and talk to them - it was kind of nice because I got to see and talk to more people than I normally would have.




So it's kind of interesting to read my accounts of the Father/Daughter Dances through the years and see how things have changed. From a big group of us Freshman year, to dinner with just one of my friends Sophomore year, and then dinner with a few of my grade school friends Junior year. It's weird how a few short years can change so much!

Today I've been taking it easy again. I love having the weekends to kind of recharge before another busy week. Coco's been sleeping in her Snuggie all day - ha!

Tonight my family went out to dinner at Walt's Barbecue - one of my favorites!

Then I finished off the weekend with The Notebook. I'm pretty sure I watch a movie every Sunday night, but it's one of my favorite things to do :)

No comments: