Sunday, January 6, 2013

New Years Fun

I haven't yet had the chance to write about the rest of my break after Christmas and Chicago, so I thought today was the perfect day to do that.

If I had to sum up the second half of break in one word it would be relaxing. Most days I did a whole lot of nothing, which was just what I needed. For months I had hoped for a day when I could do no homework and simply relax and watch movies. And I got to do that several days over break, so I am a happy girl!

I did a lot of chilling and sleeping with Coco.....

My New Years Eve consisted of lunch with my cousins.....


......relaxing with my sweet pup.....

.....and ringing in the New Year with my family.

New Years Day I literally did not step a toe out of my house. In fact I didn't even change out of my pajamas all day, and it was glorious. I did a lot of reading, blogging, relaxing, and watching movies. We even had our first fire inside our house in probably close to 10 years.

The rest of break was spent.....

.....eating Dewey's with my mom.....

....babysitting....

....getting a lot of wear out of my new coat. This is the Michael Kors one I got in Chicago at an amazing deal, and it's quickly becoming my new favorite.....

.....having lunch with friends.....

.....shopping at Target and finding this adorable Paris cup. I love anything Paris, and at $2, I had to get it.....

.....and not thinking about school whatsoever! We had exams before Christmas, so I haven't had to do anything for school all break. In fact, I haven't even checked my grades since the last day of school before break. It's going to be nice heading back completely rested up!

Ahh, this break has been perfect, but reality hits tomorrow. On one hand, I don't want to go back to waking up early and having homework, but on the other hand, I'm excited to see all my friends again and actually go back with a clear and relaxed mind!

Bring it on 2013.....

No comments: