Tuesday, January 1, 2013

2013.

I honestly cannot believe it is already 2013. This year is going to bring a lot of changes to my life.

In the fall of 2008 I took the high school placement test. I took it at the high school I now attend, and after the test they offered a lunch to all of the girls. If I remember correctly, they served us pizza and cookies. The cookies were decorated for our school, and some of them even had "Class of 2013" written on them.

On the drive home, we were discussing the fact that I was going to be a part of the class of 2013. And I remember when we said that, 2013 seemed so far away. It seemed so far into the future that it didn't even seem real.

And now in the blink of an eye, it's here. 2013 is actually here. And I can't help but think about how much has changed since that November 2008 day. The people I know, the things I do, the things I like: they've all changed. And if there's anything I've learned in my 17 years of life so far, it's that not much stays the same for long. Life changes, whether we're ready for it or not. But I've also learned that some things are steadfast. Some things don't change. And thankfully, I've found that these things are the most important things in life. Most importantly, love doesn't change. Who I love or how I love might change, but love itself doesn't. And I honestly think that's what keeps us  me from going crazy in a world that constantly changes.

So although I'm facing a year of change, I know that love and faith will get me through it.

I saw this quote a few days ago, and I think it's totally true:

"Isn't it funny how day by day nothing changes but when you look back everything is different." ~ CS Lewis

.......................................................

I like making predictions as to what this year has in store for me. Last year my predictions were pretty accurate, but that's because my predictions were things that were inevitably going to happen - ha!

If I had to make my predictions for 2013, here's what I would say.......

In May, I'll turn 18 years old. If I had to guess, I would say that my birthday celebrations will be minimal. A nice dinner with my family, and maybe a fun lunch or shopping trip with a few friends is my prediction.

In May, I'll finish my Senior Project. My plan is still to conclude my project by baking my own wedding cake, and I predict that I will be able to do that!

Also in May (that's going to be a BIG month!), I'll graduate high school. I predict that I won't be the one who's happy to get out of there. I'll instead be the one who's a little sad about saying goodbye to another chapter of my life.

In June, I'll {hopefully} go on a Senior trip! I don't really have any predictions on where we'll go because a few of my friends and I are meeting later this week to hopefully nail down some details. But I do predict that I will go on a Senior trip.

In July, my family will go on a vacation. We don't know where yet, which is actually very much unlike us. My dad has been swamped at work lately and doesn't know when he'll be able to take vacation time next summer, so we're still waiting. Our plan is to book a Caribbean cruise if it doesn't book up, so hopefully that turns out :)

And in August, I'll start college. I have almost all the details planned out in my mind, so my prediction is that I'll attend the University of Cincinnati for Finance in the fall. I would honestly be surprised if this prediction turns out to be false! I'm thankful I at least know where and what I want to do because a lot of my friends at least don't know where they want to go yet!

Those are my 2013 predictions. It's going to be a big year for me. I think in another 20 years, 2013 will be a year that will stand out in my mind. On one hand, I'm nervous about it, but on the other, I'm a little excited too.

I hope 2013 is the best year yet for each of you!

No comments: