Friday, January 11, 2013

A Few Good Reads

I love to read for fun. I've always been a reader ever since I was little. One of my favorite things to do is read before bed or read on the beach. However, I haven't been able to read as much as I normally like in the last few months because of school. I've been reading a lot of books for my English class, but they are rarely books I would read simply for enjoyment.

So over Christmas break I took the opportunity to read! I had 2 full weeks of not having to work on any homework, so I did a lot of reading for pleasure. And I love to read on vacations, so our trip to Chicago gave me a lot of time to read since I can read in the car.

The first book I read was called A Gift From Tiffany's by Melissa Hill. I would definitely recommend it. It was literally right up my alley because it had a ton of things I love: jewelry from Tiffany's, New York at Christmas, a bakery (although a bread bakery, not a sweets one!), and of course, a sweet romance story. I also liked the fact that it was unpredictable. I thought I had it figured out, and about halfway through I thought to myself that this was a good book but so completely predictable. And I was totally wrong - the ending was not what I had expected, which is what I love in a novel!

The second book I read was called Buttercream Bump Off by Jenn McKinlay. This is part of series which I absolutely adore. I love mysteries and bakeries, and this series has both! It's a murder mystery series that revolves around 2 girls that own a cupcake shop. All of the books that I've read so far in this series are great, and this one didn't disappoint.

And the last one is called Sugar Rush by Donna Kauffman. I haven't finished this one yet, but I have about 30 pages left. I'm hoping to finish it this weekend. This is the first book in a series, and I'm excited to read more of them. Who knew there were so many fiction books surrounding bakeries? This is a romance novel about a woman who owns a cupcakery. Love!

Can you tell that I've taken my bakery obsession to a whole new level? What can I say - I love my sweets! If you like sweets and like to read like me, check these books out - I don't think you'll be disappointed.

No comments: