Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Chicago {Part 3}

This is the last of my Chicago posts! I feel like I've been writing about this forever, because I guess I have (Part 1Part 2). It's been over a week since we got home from Chicago, but there have just been a lot of things to blog about between then and now. So here's a post on our last day in Chicago: Saturday December 29th.....

We got up on Saturday and just took it easy. I got to do some reading even! (I may do a post soon about some awesome books I read over break - including this one.)

We decided to go back to the State Street Macy's (it was really close to our hotel) since we didn't have a whole lot of time there the day before. But we got there 15 minutes before it opened, so we killed time by stopping back at Magnolia Bakery - ha! This time I got a Chocolate Chip Cappuccino muffin. So good!

I actually got some good shopping done this time around (I'm talking a $300 Michael Kors coat for $50! Yes!), and we even found a part of the store we hadn't seen yet. They have a really fancy restaurant called the Walnut Room inside the store, and they always set up a big Christmas tree in the middle of it. We decided we want to eat here next time we're in Chicago.


Then since we didn't want to just head home because we had nothing to rush home for, we stopped at the Art Institute of Chicago. Definitely something I had never done before and usually not my cup of tea. I ended up liking it more than I thought I would though. The place was huge, and they had a lot of original paintings that are pretty famous and that I'd at least heard of before!



An original Monet

I don't remember who did this one, but I think it's so pretty.

Georges Seurat's "A Sunday on La Grande Jatte" - This painting was much larger in real life than I had expected it to be.

The building itself was pretty neat!


Grant Wood's "American Gothic"

Pablo Picasso's "The Old Guitarist"

Overlooking Millennium Park


Totally tilted picture, but I thought this was still neat for being taken with my iPhone while driving down the highway :)

Overall, I enjoyed every second of my Chicago trip! Even though it was my 5th time there, we did some different and new things. I just love Chicago, and I can't imagine ever getting bored with it!

No comments: