Thursday, January 3, 2013

Three Years.

Three years ago today I sat down at my computer and created a blog. It was very simple: I used a pre-made template from blogger's site, I added a name (which I believe was allisonmarie3), I wrote a post, and my blog was complete.

Oh, and I also had it blocked. No one could access it (except for me!), and it wouldn't show up in Google's search engine. It was basically an online diary for myself. Something I had never intended for anyone but myself to read.

Basically, when I sat down three years ago to blog, I never would have guessed that I would be doing the same exact thing three years later.

In those first few months, I blogged every day. And literally no one could read it. I think a few of my friends may have known that I had started something like this, but they didn't seem that interested.

I blogged 60 days and gave up. My intention had been to do it every day for a year. 365 posts. And I only made it to 60. My last post was early April, and I didn't get back to it until the end of July 2010. I then started blogging not every day, but whenever I had something good to write about. Because let's be honest, no one wants to read a post about how I went school, came home, and worked on homework just like I don't want to write about about school and homework.

It was then: the end of July that I finally started getting back into blogging, and it was then that I fell in love with it.

I then removed some of the protections (that prohibited anyone from accessing the site), but I still didn't really talk about it. Later on, some of my friends found it on their own. I told some people about it, and posted the link to it on my Twitter page. I changed the name to Allison's Avenue (something I literally came up with in 30 seconds because I like alliteration - ha!), and I re-designed the blog myself (which I've been wanting to re-do one of these days, but I never seem to get to it!).

Now, anyone can come and read this silly blog of mine. And that's what makes it interesting: I don't know who's reading this on the other side of the screen. I sometimes think it's funny when people tell me they read my blog because I don't publicize it. I rarely talk about it in my social/personal life. I really only discuss it when someone else brings it up, because honestly, I don't write this blog to get tons of people to read it. Although I'm glad people do read, I'm not in it to get "blog famous".

Now I thought it would be interesting to take a trip down memory lane.......

These are the 5 most popular posts based on page views over the last 3 years (and they honestly surprise me!):

Written: January 27, 2011
Page views: 191

Written: November 18, 2011
Page views: 217

Written: October 11, 2011
Page views: 532

Written: December 1, 2011
Page views: 626

And the most popular blog post I have apparently written (I am SHOCKED at this one!):

Written: July 22, 2011
Page views: 1295

I tried to go through and pick out my top 5 favorite posts, but it was just too hard!

BUT, in the past three years of blogging I have......

....published 512 blog posts....

....celebrated 3 birthdays....

....grown in my faith....

....met many new friends....

....traveled out of the country....

....visited a few new states and cities....

....read 68 books....

....watched many new movies....

....laughed more times than I can count....

....and made hundreds (maybe even a thousand?) of cake pops!

I really just want to say thank you for checking in and reading my blog every once in awhile. Although I may not know who you are, it means a lot to me that people find what I write somewhat interesting.

Thanks again, and here's to many more years of blogging :)

No comments: