Thursday, April 19, 2012

Sickness, ACT, Prom, & Stress

Well, I'm finally getting around to posting about my weekend, and I figured I'd post about the rest of the week while I'm at it. This is going to be a random, rambling post, so just bear with me!

On Friday I was sick and stayed home from school. It's been awhile since I missed school because I was sick! I don't know what was wrong with me, but I was so cold, extremely tired, and I had a head ache. You know I was sick when I turned down a cookie, steak, and going to Target - ha!

On Saturday I had to get up early and take the ACT. Oh my do I have quite the story to go along with this! For one, I still wasn't feeling 100% me, so that was an issue. Then I get to the place, and they made us stand around for 45 minutes until we even could get back to our room - annoying!

Then we get to the room and we had all these standby students in our room, and that totally threw our moderator off. I don't really think he knew what to do with them. Then he didn't give us the right instructions for filling out our information. He gave them to us later on, like after each section he would give us a new thing we had to fill in...weird!

There were a TON of distractions too. Needless to say, I don't think I did well on the ACT - ha! But during the different tests, the moderator asked us to stop real quick to ask us a question, his phone rang, it was thundering and storming outside, an alarm was going off down the hall, the moderator asked one of the students to take his snack off his desk, and one of the students asked a question out loud. And all of that happened while we were taking the test. It was SO weird!

On a much lighter note, that afternoon I went shopping with my mom and found an $8 prom dress. Yeah! It was originally $130 too :) The zipper on the side won't unzip all the way, so it was on sale for $15. I totally didn't care about the zipper though considering I can still get the dress on perfectly fine. Then with our Macy's discount, we got it for $8. You can't beat that!

On Sunday I went on a college visit to Xavier University. I've visited 3 different colleges now, and Xavier has been my favorite so far!

Then on Sunday night was our Father-Daughter dance. My dad and I went out to eat at Red Lobster with some of my friends beforehand, and it was a lot of fun!

Monday was an extremely stressful day. I had things to make up with being sick on Friday, and I just had a ton of homework and deadlines popping up. I had a minor emotional breakdown after school, but I'm glad to say I've calmed down & I'm not so stressed anymore!

My mom had a bad day too, so she picked up our favorite pie - Edwards Hershey pie!

On Tuesday I got to see some of my family at the Cabana for a little while. I didn't get to eat with them, but it was nice to visit.

I'm glad this week is slowly getting better. I'm still feeling a little off, and I've lost my voice, but I'm glad I at least feel a little better :)

I'm glad summer is in sight as well!

No comments: