Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Savannah's Baptism

On Sunday my little cousin Savannah was baptized! I'm so honored that I get to be her godmother too! I remember being little and thinking about how neat it would be to be someone's godmother, and now I am :)

I'm Catholic, but my cousin's aren't, so it was really neat to see how they do their baptisms. There were some things I really liked that I wish we did in the Catholic church!

Here we are waiting for it to start!

They called each child and their family up one at a time, and the parents got a chance to talk a little bit about their child and why they love them so much. It was really neat, and the one mom almost moved me to tears!

Then it was Miss Savannah's turn!



After the ceremony, we got some pictures taken...

I love this one!

How cute is she?!?!

This is all the girls and their godmothers!

Then we had some very pretty and delicious cookies to celebrate. How fun!

Maddie insisted on handing out each cookie individually. If I ever open a bakery, I think she'll be my first employee - ha! :)

Overall, it was a really fun and special day that I was so glad to be a part of! I can't wait to see all the things Savannah accomplishes as she grows up!

No comments: