Thursday, April 5, 2012

Opening Day

Today was the Reds Opening Day! I've never really gotten into it before, but today I went to the Opening Day parade downtown - so fun!

We started off at Newport on the Levee this morning :) My mom and I met my aunt and cousins for lunch.


After lunch, we walked across the Purple People Bridge over into the city!



It ended up being an absolutely gorgeous day!

The parade route was packed, but we ended up finding a pretty good spot at the very end. We were right by this pretty little garden, so I took some pictures around there before the parade started. I'm loving how all of the flowers are blooming already!





We were so close to Yagoot, that we had to stop in there too before the parade started!

I actually didn't get to see a whole lot of the parade because I had to babysit, but what I did see was neat. I can't believe that I've lived here all my life, and I've never gone to the Opening Day Parade before. I think it would be fun to go again, and actually go to the game too!



On the way back, my mom and I stumbled across a part of downtown we'd never been to before. I thought it was so pretty - especially with all of these tulips blooming!

I loved walking around downtown today since it was SO beautiful, there were so many people outside, and everyone was wearing red for the Reds. It was so fun! I'd definitely label this a pretty perfect day!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

So jealous you got to go to the opening day! The opening parade must have been so cool to see! And those pictures of flowers are gorgeous - you are just having an amazing week!