Monday, June 30, 2014

What I've Been Up To....

I just got back Saturday night (well technically Sunday morning since we got in after midnight!) from a fabulous vacation. As in, quite possibly the best vacation ever. It was also the longest trip (12 days!) and the farthest away I've ever been from home (3750 miles!).

I spent the past two weeks in Alaska!

I love to travel, and for being only 19 years old, I think I've seen a lot of places. I haven't even come close to seeing a lot of the US though. I've never seen the Rocky Mountains, the volcanoes of Hawaii, or Yellowstone National Park. BUT, I have visited about half of the states. I have seen the white sand beaches of Florida, Arcadia National Park in Maine, and the cliffs of the Pacific Ocean in California. All of those places (and many more!) were gorgeous. But Alaska? At least in comparison to all of the states I've been to so far, I think Alaska is my favorite for being the most beautiful.

I wasn't expecting to be that blown away by the breathtaking mountains. Almost everywhere you looked, you were surrounded by rugged, snow covered mountains. And even though it was cold and rainy - a far cry from the sun of Florida that I associate with vacation - Alaska was so amazing.


I saw glaciers, mountains, whales, moose, caribou, sheep, bald eagles, and whales. I traveled on planes, trains, cars, buses, and boats. It was, quite simply, a once-in-a-lifetime type of trip.

I have SO many things to blog about and 1,000+ pictures to go through, so it may take me a little while to post about it. And even though the pictures are pretty, they fail in comparison to actually seeing the sights in person.

If visiting Alaska isn't already on your bucket list, you need to add it right now ;)

I made this little video on the plane ride home, so I thought I'd share it now.....

Look out for many more pictures and stories to come!

No comments: