Monday, June 23, 2014

BIG Project News!

Hello! Today I've got a fun little announcement to make.

A few weeks ago, I mentioned that I bought a book called The $100 Startup for an Honors project.

I also posted this picture of a book I've been reading for the project.

Well, I am in the Honors program at school, and we have to do five "experiences" by the time we graduate. You can fulfill the experience requirement by either taking Honors seminars, doing a pre-approved project, or proposing your own project. Since I am not in class this semester and I'm not working full time, I thought this summer would be a good time to get an Honors project knocked out.

I decided to propose my own project because I had been required to write up a proposal for practice my first semester, and I had been encouraged to actually submit that proposal and to complete the project.

This project idea has actually been a long time coming. I've tossed the idea around for several years but was always a little nervous and afraid to actually do it.

So, I am happy to say that by the end of this summer, I will finally have.......

.
..
...
....
.....
......
.....
....
...
..
.

......my own website/Facebook page for my baking business!

I am really excited to get this project off the ground. So far, I've been doing research on effective marketing strategies and just how to set up your own small business. I figured that this project is perfect because it fulfills an Honors requirement, will be a great thing to put on a resume, but is, most importantly, just something I've been passionate about for so long.

I've had so many people over the years tell me I should start my own bakery or get a website, and I can't wait to actually see it all put together.

I've still got a lot of work to do for the project, but I think it's going to be great. My next steps are to come up with a name and logo, then start writing the website content, and actually setting up the site!

I'll definitely keep you updated on how it's going and everything as it gets closer to the end of the summer.


I'm keeping my fingers crossed that this project is a success!

No comments: