Monday, June 2, 2014

Summer Treats

It's only the beginning of June, and yet I feel as though I've already had a pretty awesome summer. I am loving how perfect the weather has been these past few weeks - it's been just great for spending time outside.

On Friday I didn't have anything going on. Over the last month, Tuesdays and Fridays have been my free days since I didn't have to work those days but everyone else in my family did, so I've had those days to spend doing whatever. Most of the time that has meant not leaving my house and staying in my pajamas all day ;) This Friday though I actually got ready, ran some errands, and picked up lunch for myself.

I also took Coco down for a little walk at the park. She's the laziest dog ever and could hardly make it through our entire TEN minute walk. Clearly, that's rough when you're a nine pound diva dog......

I read my book outside on the deck for a little while in the hopes of getting some sun. It was really hot though, so I ended up only reading about a chapter before I went back into the air conditioning. I started re-reading the Harry Potter series at the beginning of May, and I just finished the fourth one yesterday. I just can't seem to put them down - they're even better than I remember when I first read them years ago!

She may be a diva, but I love her anyway.....

On Saturday morning my friend Courtney and I went downtown to Findlay Market to eat lunch, walk around, and shop. It was the absolutely wonderful morning for it - they had a German band playing, and there were a ton of people there. It was perfect!

I got a waffle from Taste of Belgium - my favorite!

I also grabbed some cookies to go! I haven't tried the sugar cookie one yet, but the chocolate chip one.....

....had an OREO inside of it. The cookie was soft, chewy, and delicious on its own, but when you added in the Oreo in the center? It was one of the best cookies ever. I loved it and am kind of wishing I would have bought more than one :)

Yesterday was just a usual Sunday. I love the simplicity of Sundays though. It's the one day a week where I feel like I can consistently take it easy, get some things done, and prepare for the week. My Sunday routine lately has been church, reading a book, and sometimes watching a movie. That's exactly what I did too - read all afternoon.

Hope you are off to a good week! This one's going to busy for me - I've got lots of cake pops to make that  I can't wait to share!

No comments: