Monday, June 9, 2014

The Fault in Our Stars

This weekend went so fast - how is it Monday already?!?

I feel like it is now officially summer because I went swimming for the first time this year on Saturday. The water was still pretty cold, but I got in for a little while. Even just laying out in the sun felt super good!

On Saturday night I went to see The Fault in Our Stars with Danielle. I treated myself to an Icee because why not?

I read the book, so I was really excited to see the movie. And oh my goodness. It was SO good. Like, possibly my favorite book to movie rendition ever. The movie followed the book so much that a lot of the dialogue was taken straight out of the book. Plus all of the actors were great. I especially loved Ansel Elgort who played Gus - he's pretty much exactly like how I pictured him while reading the book.

One of the main reasons why I liked the book and movie so much was because it was just so real. John Green captured the emotion so well. The cancer story wasn't sugar coated and there wasn't a fake upbeat happy ending that would never actually occur in real life. But the love between Gus and Hazel was real, which made the story so good and incredibly sweet and heartwarming.

There aren't too many movies that make you both laugh out loud (there were some really funny parts) and fight back sobs. It was so great though because it allowed you to feel the emotion that the characters were experiencing too. I can't recommend this movie enough - if you haven't seen it, you really should (I'm already planning on seeing it again in a few days!). The Fault in Our Stars is definitely one of my new favorite movies!

Yesterday was a fairly typical Sunday. I went to church, worked on some school related stuff, and went to a KBS dinner up at school for the incoming freshman. It was so funny to meet the new KBS students, think back to my orientation a year ago and how much has changed since then. Also - can you believe that it's June and I'm working on school stuff?! A little while ago I mentioned how I'm working on a summer Honors project, and that's what I was doing yesterday. I'm hoping to write a post about exactly what I'm up to in the next few weeks!

This may have been a fairly low-key weekend, but I'm going to be so busy these next few weeks that it was kind of nice.

Hope you all have a great week!

1 comment:

Justabeachkat said...

Hi sweet girl! Your Mom mentioned you were blogging now. Yea!

I want to see the movie! I don't think my hubby will vote for it though so I'll try to grab a girlfriend to go :-)

Hugs,
Kat