Saturday, August 7, 2010

Day 1: Best Week of Summer

Okay, so this is a little recap of yesterday. I'm calling this week the best week of summer because I'm going to 3 concerts this week! Yesterday was a VERY busy day, and it was also the Rascal Flatts concert. I've got a lot to blog about, so here it goes.....

On Friday, it had been 4 years since my Uncle Alan passed away. We went to a Mass for him in the morning, and then went to Price Hill Chili to eat afterwards. I made sure we were home by 12:30 because oceanUP was having a Jonas Brothers concert contest, where you could try and win really good tickets to the show.

We made it back in time, and right before the contest started, my friend Abby told me that she was going to have to try and enter from her phone, which would make everything a lot more difficult. That made me a little nervous, because she is usually better at this stuff than I am :) Round 1 came up, and I was close, but didn't get it. At this point I was shaking and refreshing the page obsessively. I don't deal well with that kind of stress - ha! Round 2 came up and I was disappointed that I didn't know one of the answers! But, I guess no one knew the answer so they decided to do a Redo Round 2. This made me nervous yet again. Redo Round 2 comes up and I knew all of the answers!



I was pumped and entered them in as fast as I could :) I refreshed the page and saw that there was 1 girl ahead of me with the correct answers. I was SO disappointed. I decided to refresh the page again, and saw that her comment was gone. I got nervous and excited, but then saw that oceanUP had announced her the winner.



I couldn't help look at the screen that looked like I should be the winner. I read on twitter that the winner had accidentally deleted her comment. I was pretty annoyed, but there was nothing I could do. Then I get a text message saying that I got a direct message from oceanUP. The message said that I should e-mail them with my name and twitter name and they would get back to me about ticket information. I was shocked. How could that be? Then I got a message from Abby saying that the winner had to give up her seats because she couldn't make the concert. I rushed to try to get that e-mail sent as quick as possible, but our internet went out (of course). I ran down to my friend Aly's house and had to send the e-mail from her computer. Once I got home and got our internet back, I had this e-mail response from them:



I called Abby right away, and we were freaking out. I WON FLOOR SEATS TO THE JONAS BROTHERS CONCERT! I am still having a hard time grasping that fact :) I can't wait till Tuesday, and I also can't wait till I GET the tickets - ha! It was obviously a very exciting afternoon, but I still have the Rascal Flatts concert to talk about :)



This is Katie, Nicci, Me, and Rachel before the concert.



Nicci & I at the concert.



Rachel & I at the concert.



Kellie Pickler!



Rascal Flatts :)



Rachel, Nicci, and Katie at the concert.



Rascal Flatts put on a really good show, and we all had a lot of fun!



Final Bows

The concert was a lot of fun, but REALLY crowded. Afterwards we went back to Nicci's house and had a sleepover. I slept about half of the day today :) Yesterday was a really good day!

No comments: