Monday, August 16, 2010

Last Concert of the Summer

On Saturday night I went to the Sugarland concert, which was my last concert of the summer :( It was a lot of fun, and they put on a really good show! I went with Mom, Dad, and Erin. Nicci and Tina got last minute tickets at a really good price, so they met us up there as well. It started raining right before we left, and I was worried that the concert would be a total washout, but it ended up stopping right before the concert started, so that was a really good thing!



This is all of us under the umbrella before it stopped raining.



Tina & I



Nicci & Me. I was excited that some more of my friends were able to go to the concert!



And last, but not least, Erin and I. This was Erin's first concert, and we had a lot of fun!



Sugarland! It wasn't very crowded when we got there, since it was still raining, so we got really good spots on the lawn. We were right on the railing! That was really nice because we didn't have people shoving us from every possible angle :)



The stage setup was pretty cool, and I liked how they projected a live feed of them on a giant screen behind the stage. We were right next to a jumbotron, so it was easy to see them on there, even though it was hard to see them in real life - ha!



I thought it was really cool that they signed a guitar on stage and went out into the audience and gave it away to a little girl. I've never seen a band do that, and I thought that was really neat!



They sang a lot of good songs, and they played my favorites - Baby Girl and Settlin' so I was happy. I wish they would have played Joey, but they had so many other good ones to play!



Overall I had a lot of fun, and it was a great show. Afterwards, Erin, Nicci, and Tina came back to my house to spend the night. I'm going to miss Riverbend because I've been there 3 times in the last 8 days, and I don't know when I am going to be back :/. Concerts are just SO much fun. (I've been to 5 so far this year!) I can't believe this summer is almost over already. It's CRAZY how fast time flies over the summer.

No comments: