Sunday, August 29, 2010

Look Who's Here!

It's the one and only....



......CRICKET! Ha, we just got her today, and we will be dog sitting her until next Monday, I think. So, we've got a week with her :) She is a really good dog, especially when Coco acts like a bully toward her. Coco really loves to steal Cricket's food.... But anyway, I'm looking forward to watching her this week!

But I guess I should go back in time and write about the weekend! Yes, it was the first weekend since school started, and it was well needed. I really needed to catch up on some sleep, and I did just that :)

Well, Friday night was the first Elder football game. So, I went up to the game with a lot of my friends, and we had fun even though we were all about to fall asleep - ha! I always associate fall with football games. I'm not a huge fan of football, but I love going to the games with my friends and just walking around talking and stuff.

And then Saturday was just a big old lazy day. I hardly did anything all day, but it was kind of nice. I slept in until 10:45, which is really late for me, but I was exhausted. Then most of the day was spent doing homework. Yes, on the 3rd day of school I had a LOT of homework. It's ridiculous. But in the afternoon I got out and went to Michaels, Hobby Lobby, and Target with my Mom. I had a lot of art supplies to get, and I got some new pajamas for the Garage Getdown dance, which is next week already.

On Saturday night I just stayed home with my parents. I made a smoothie:



And I had to put it in our bling-bling glass (as we call it). We sat outside for a little while and talked to our neighbor. Then we watched some Dog the Bounty Hunter, which I surprisingly enjoyed - ha!

Today was another fairly lazy day. More homework, more homework, and more homework. But we did get out to go to LaRosa's for dinner :) And then Dad and I baked some pumpkin bread - which smells delicious right now! I also got around to trying out a new hair product tonight. I saw it in a magazine, and I've been wanting to try it. I finally found it at Target, and put it to the test today.



You have to keep it on your hair for 20 minutes, and then rinse it & put more stuff on it, and then style it normally. It's supposed to reduce frizz, and it seems to be working alright :) It's also supposed to last for 7 shampoos, so I'll have to see how my hair cooperates this week!

I'm definitely not looking to a full week of school this week. I seem to dread going to school this year - I think it's because it is so much harder already.

No comments: