Monday, August 23, 2010

The Last Few Days of Summer

So I have a couple of days to blog about/catch up on: the last few days of summer! It's a bittersweet time for me right now because I SO do not want to go back to school. So, here's a little recap from the past weekend:

On Friday we went to Red Lobster for lunch with the family (which is one of my absolute favorites!). Then, on Friday night I went to the mall with Rachel, Nicci, and Tina. We had fun shopping around for a little bit, and eating Yagoot and Auntie Anne's - ha! But I did end up buying 2 things - a sweater dress and a new robe. I've had the same robe for YEARS, and it's getting a little small. Plus, this new robe is very thick and soft so it will be great for the winter. Oh, and of course I had to get my picture taken with my new robe on.....



So, yeah. I'm kind of in LOVE with it :)

And then on Saturday I went out the mall (again) with my parents (but don't worry, it was a different mall). This was a more serious shopping trip, but all I ended up getting was a long white sleeved shirt. I was trying to find a good pair of jeans, but NOTHING was working for me. I mean, even the smallest size in a SHORT were still TOO LONG. I desperately need to grow, and fast! That night I went to Chick-Fil-A with my family & then went down to my friend Aly's house to hang out and watch a movie!

Sunday was kind of a boring day. The most exciting thing was that we went to Putz's, which is the best creamy whip in town. It was a nice little end to summer treat!

Today we met all of my family for breakfast at the Cracker Barrel. Trust me, I am really going to miss these lunches. I just love getting to see everyone all the time, and during the school year I don't get to do that. Then we headed out to Kohl's and Walmart on our quest to find some jeans for me. It's really just starting to get annoying now that I can't find anything that isn't long on me....

And since it was really the last night to get out and do something with my friends, some of us met at Panera for dinner. Afterwards Nicci came back over to my house so we could bake a cake for her parent's 25th anniversary, which is tomorrow. She wanted to make it a surprise for them, and believe it or not, she had never baken a cake before. I couldn't believe it when she said that she never bakes cakes. That just seems so funny to me :) But anyway, it turned out really cute, especially for her first cake.



Have I mentioned the fact that I REALLY don't want to go back to school?

No comments: