Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Last Day of Summer

Today was the last day of summer, and I can't believe how fast this summer has gone! It feels like just yesterday that I was finishing up my exams and heading out of school with the best 3 months of the year ahead. Well, now those 3 months are gone, and I'm ready to start a new chapter of my life: my life as a Sophomore. Yes, I am already 1/4 of the way through high school, and that just seems crazy to me! I'm happy to not be nervous like I was this time last year. High school can be a scary thing, and I remember being SO nervous to start it. But, I had nothing to worry about - it's really not that bad :)

So, what did I do today? What did I do with this last day of freedom? What did I do on this perfect summer day? I went shopping (of course)!

Well, first I slept in. Which was great. I slept in, had a nice breakfast, and took my time getting ready this morning. I also got my school stuff together for tomorrow before we left the house. Mom and I decided to go up the Greene, which is the shopping place by Rita's! First we headed up to the Premium Outlets, which are on the way up there. We ate Subway when we got there for lunch, which totally hit the spot! I've also had my eye on this gorgeous Coach purse for awhile now, and I've had my money saved up for it all summer!



Isn't it just beautiful? I'm such a sucker for purses. I consider it an inherited disease because my Grandma was obsessed with purses too - ha!

Then we got back on the road and headed up the Greene. For as much as we've gone to the Rita's up there, we've never gone to the Greene, and we are trying to figure out why we haven't! It was such a fun place, and it reminded me of Easton, except for it was a lot smaller. They had a lot of fun stores like Forever 21, Francesca's, Charming Charlie, American Eagle, and a lot of others! I also found a pair of jeans that actually fit me! I ended up getting them at a store called Delias. I've never gone to that store before, but I really liked it, and I loved the fact that I had jeans in shorter sizes that worked for me!

After we were done shopping around, we went over to Rita's. If there is a better way to end your summer than eating Rita's, I haven't found it yet.



I got a Strawberry gelati, and it was AMAZING! I did end up trying the Mint Chocolate Chip ice, which is Nick Jonas's favorite flavor, and it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. But I still think the Strawberry is better! Oh, and I also got a large one, just because it is the bomb.

This was seriously the BEST way to end the summer. I had a perfect day shopping around and eating with my mom! I was singing this song in my head throughout the day, and I think it just sums up the day:



I really did have the best day with my mom today!

Like I said before, I cannot believe how fast time is going, and I have no idea where this summer went! I can't wait to see all of my friends at school, but at the same time, I don't really want to go back! I know I'm going to have a hard time falling asleep tonight because I'm not used to going to bed so early!

We can rejoice, too, when we run into problems and trials, for we know that they help us develop endurance. And endurance develops strength of character, and character strengthens our confident hope of salvation. And this hope will not lead to disappointment. For we know how dearly God loves us, because he has given us the Holy Spirit to fill our hearts with his love. - Romans 5:3-5

I'm entering this school year with a faith I didn't have last year. This verse is an inspiration for me even when I'm going into tough situations. I know this year is going to be difficult at times, but I can put all of my strength in God who will always be there for me. :)

No comments: