Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Easter 2013

I hope you all had a great Easter spent with friends or family! I always love Easter, but I feel like it is always overshadowed by Christmas. To me, the Resurrection is a little bit bigger of a miracle than Jesus' birth, but we always seem to do more for Christmas. I wonder why that is??

This year I made Easter cake pops on Holy Saturday to take with us to our Easter Sunday festivities. They were a hit with my family, and I just loved making them.







I did bunnies, chicks, and Easter eggs. I loved all the different colors too - very spring and Easter I thought!

Our Easter Sunday started off with Church and a few family pictures.



Then we went to brunch with my mom's side of the family.

I love this picture!




Later in the afternoon we headed over my Grandma's house to celebrate Easter with my dad's side of the family. It was nice that everyone was there - usually on holidays someone has to scoot out early to get to another family event, but not this year! I love having time to talk and laugh with my family, even though they somehow usually end up making fun of me - ha!

My older cousins and I hid Easter eggs for my younger cousins (I'm going to be sad when they're too old for Easter egg hunts!).




There was one point where I was washing my hands in the bathroom, and I could hear all of my family talking and laughing on the other side of the door, and it hit me just how blessed I am. My favorite part of any holiday is getting to spend with the people I love! To me, that's so much better than presents and all of the candy in the world :)

No comments: