Friday, April 12, 2013

Good Reads

I love to read, but I don't always get enough time to read as I would like. For most of this school year, I've had a book that I was reading for English class, so that didn't leave me with a lot of time to read books I just want to read for fun and enjoyment.

We have finished all of the books we need to read for English class though (wahooo!), so now I've found myself with a little bit more reading time.

Here's a few books that I have read lately and would definitely recommend....

This one is actually a collection of short stories, and I actually did have to read it for school. For my English class, we had to find our own collection of 3 short stories by the same author and write a paper comparing the use of 4 literary techniques in each of the short stories. I enjoyed reading these stories so much though, that I would recommend them for simply enjoyment reading! They were all very suspenseful and "out there," but they were so fun to read. A few of them were goofy/ones I didn't understand, but overall, the stories were great.

I have had this book sitting on my bookshelf for probably over a year. I read the first 2 chapters when I first got the book, but then I somehow fell out of it, and the book got pushed aside. During Lent I decided to finally read the entire thing, and I am so glad I did. I love Angie Smith as an author, I've read her blog for years, and this is the 2nd book of hers that I have read. It's definitely a great book on faith.

I am a big Nicholas Sparks fan. I haven't read that many of his books, but I have loved all of the movies that have been based off of his books. In my opinion, he writes some of the best love stories, even if some of his books can be predictable since I'm pretty sure almost all of them take place in a coastal southern town and include some kind of death or tragedy. This book was no different, and although it didn't end exactly the way I wanted it to, it was still a really good book with a little bit of mystery and suspense built in.

Those are the books I've read over the last few months. I'm just happy that I've had time recently to start reading more. I love reading a chapter or two before I go to bed.

Next up on my list is Going, Going, Ganache by Jenn McKinlay. Her cupcake bakery mysteries are my favorite, and this one just came out, so I think I need to get to a bookstore soon!

Have a great Friday!

No comments: