Thursday, April 25, 2013

Making Memories

Last weekend was SO fun. I spent a lot of time with my family, and we did some fun things that we don't normally do. Here's what I was up to.....

On Friday night my family went to dinner, and then I snuggled with Coco and watched my favorite movie ever - Titanic!

Saturday afternoon was a little cold, but still so pretty outside. The sun was shining bright, so I was thankful for that.

We headed out to a different part of town on Saturday afternoon. I have been wanting to go to a store called Sugarcraft for awhile now, and I finally got the chance!

It's a baking supply store and literally all they sell is baking stuff. It was right up my alley, and I spent way too much money in there. Oh well :)

Seriously - look at all of these cookie cutters. Crazy!

Sugarcraft was out by another fun store, Jungle Jim's. I've been there before, but it's been years. It's basically a HUGE grocery store that sells a lot of exotic and different kinds of foods. I think I could spend hours in there.

I was happy to see that they sell BonBonerie treats at their bakery. BonBonerie is one of my favorite local bakeries.

I picked out their French Macarons, which I didn't even know they made. Eeeep! The pink was strawberry (which was just okay in my opinion), but the chocolate one? Hands down, absolutely delicious. By far the best macaron I've ever had, even if I have only tried 4 different macarons - ha! It was filled with a caramel filling. Getting more of these tasty macarons is on my list of things to do as soon as possible!

I wasn't kidding when I said they sell some weird stuff - here we have packaged and flavored seaweed to snack on. I'm sure you aren't surprised to find out that I passed on this one :)

I really like how they have food from different parts of the world too. One of these days I need to pull together some recipes to try and head out to Jungle Jim's for ingredients.

You know I had to go in the France section, right?!

We bought these cute cookies because I really can't pass up anything that has the Eiffel Tower on the package.


I scoped out the Sonic out that way too. The first and only other time I had been to Sonic was on vacation, and I fell in love with their strawberry slushes. If there was a Sonic close to my house, I would popping in for slushes all the time.



I think it's so neat that you eat in your car and your food gets delivered right to your window by a waiter on roller skates. Totally old fashioned!

We also went to see a movie after dinner. I don't see too many movies in the theater anymore these days, so it's always a rare treat.


We saw the movie Home Run, which I would totally recommend. It's a Christian movie that's similar to Fireproof, Facing the Giants, and Courageous. I loved how the movie had such a good message of hope and finding God! Plus it helped that the main actor was pretty attractive - ha!


When I got home I assessed all the baking supplies I had bought. Shopping for baking stuff is one of my simple pleasures in life.



What a weekend. I still have a few more things to blog about before I am all caught up, which at this point may take me 2 months - ha! I figure I have life to live, documenting it can happen later :)

No comments: