Friday, December 6, 2013

Black Friday and the Rest of Thanksgiving Break

I'm catching up on the rest of my Thanksgiving break today.....

My family always does some Black Friday shopping, but I hate how the stores are starting to open on Thanksgiving. I just think it takes away from the spirit of Thanksgiving. So we still wait until Friday morning to go out shopping.

We headed to Target around 7 AM but didn't get a whole lot besides a movie and these glasses that weren't even on sale. We couldn't pass them up though - they're Elf themed!


Then we picked up my cousins and headed downtown for some more shopping. But first we had to eat breakfast! We tried a new place called Taste of Belgium, which is known for their waffles. I ordered the Belgian Chocolate and Cream waffles, and they tasted even better than they looked!

I ended up getting some good deals at Macy's, but the best one was this $120 pearl bracelet that we got for $24 after discount.

Friday night I went over my aunt's house to celebrate my cousin (and goddaughter's!) 2nd birthday. I made Minnie Mouse cake pops for the occasion.



Safe to say the cake pops were a hit with the birthday girl!




On Saturday I went to lunch and got ice cream with my friend Danielle who goes to college out of state but was in town for the weekend. It's always fun to catch up with old friends!

I also drew on some Pinterest inspiration and decorated our kitchen cabinets with these pretty bows. I'm obsessed with them! It was such an easy project to do, but it looks so cute and festive.

On Sunday, my family and I went downtown to see The Grinch the Musical.

It was so good!

They changed the story around a little and narrated it from the dog Max's perspective. I thought it was really cute, and I especially loved how whimsical the scenery/props were.

My Thanksgiving break was pretty awesome, but I'm even more excited for Christmas break!

No comments: