Friday, December 20, 2013

The Stockings Are Hung....

....and Christmas is almost here. I truly can't believe that 2013 is almost over.

I wasn't planning on taking a week and a half long blogging break, but life has just gotten in the way. Usually the term "winter break" brings thoughts of relaxing, having nothing to do, and watching Christmas movies for hours. Apparently not. I think I've been busier since getting out of school than I was actually during classes. Crazy!

I've been working a lot, but that's also given me a lot of time to read during my lunch break. I've always loved to read but didn't have a lot of time for it during the semester. I'm hoping to get at least a few read over break. This book was SO good!

I've also been doing quite a bit of volunteering. I need to do community service hours for one of my scholarships, so I decided to get a bunch done over break, and now I'm halfway finished. It was also a perk that the place I volunteered at just happened to be by a cupcakery. Cupcakes were my reward for getting through a long day ;)

My family went downtown last week to see all of the Christmas displays in the hotels. It was so fun getting to walk around to some of the hotels I had never been in before (because how often do you go inside a hotel in the city you live in ?!).



I loved this edible replica of our city!








They were having free carriage rides too, so we did that. So fun!


We had dinner at Palomino's - one of my favorites. Their four cheese penne is so yummy!

I also wanted to mention a story that has really touched me because I think it's just about the saddest and sweetest thing ever. You may have heard about it before, but if not, you really need to check it out. A man who's wife passed away a few years ago recreated his wedding pictures with his daughterr. The family just so happens to be from my part of town and the photographer went to my high school. Now the story is getting national attention and they were even on the Today show! You really need to look at the pictures here if you haven't seen them.

I hope you have a great weekend!

No comments: