Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Underneath the Tree

Happy Christmas Eve! I hope the next few days find you sharing time with family and friends and being blessed for everything you have.

Although the presents side of Christmas is definitely fun (who doesn't like to give and receive something special to/from a loved one?!), I truly feel like I already have everything I need underneath the tree. I have great family and friends, my job is great, I go to an awesome school, I just so happen to have the sweetest puppy ever, and I have a Savior who was born 2000 years ago. What more could I need?

The last few days (and weeks really) have been filled with crazy Christmas preparations. I'm excited to finally sit back, relax, and see all of the hard work come to life. After all, the queen of relaxation does live in my house.....

I treated myself to some Yagoot last week for getting through a long day. Is it bad that I reward myself with food for getting through things? Ha!

There's no place like home for the holidays and no other city I'd rather call home....

On Friday I got to spend the morning with my cousin. Is there anything sweeter than cute little girls falling asleep on you right next to a Christmas tree? I don't think so!

She wasn't so happy about the whole waking up thing though.

But she quickly returned to her normal self!


I spent the rest of the afternoon working on more cake pop orders (I made over 100 cake pops this week!), and I thought this fortune from my fortune cookie was rather interesting. Normally I'm not one to fall for fortunes, but I can't help but wonder about this one......

I made puppy cake pops for my cousin's coworker. I love getting orders from friends and family, but getting orders from people I don't know is a little bit more awesome.

I just HAD to do some with tongues sticking out like my Coco!


Friday concluded with an evening trip down to Moerlein for appetizers and blueberry cobbler, aka the best way to end a day.

My mom and I went to a Christmas show on Saturday and met my dad for PF Changs afterwards. Yay for yummy food this Christmas break!


Another cake pop order I did this weekend. I loved the way these turned out, especially with the little stand.

I also made some cupcakes for Christmas. It's been so long since I've made cupcakes - I missed it.


Now that all of the baking has been done and the presents wrapped, I'm ready to start the Christmas festivities!

Merry Christmas!

"For God so loved the world, that He gave His only son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have eternal life." - John 3:16

No comments: