Monday, December 9, 2013

Christmas To Remember

This past weekend was filled with a lot of Christmas traditions as well just a lot of holiday fun in general.

We had originally planned to get a real tree this Saturday (we usually alternate every year), but with the snow storm on Friday we didn't want to have to trek out to the place we cut our tree down at, and we figured it would have to sit a few days and dry out anyway, so we just put up our fake one (and I can't believe it, but I forgot to take a picture of it all decorated!).

Saturday afternoon I went to a Christmas party for my sorority. We had a gift exchange, and I saw this idea on Pinterest and thought it turned out so cute!

That night my family and I had dinner at Cracker Barrel and did a little bit of shopping out at the mall. I love how our city lights up the Cincinnati sign for Christmas each year!

Since we had gotten an early start at the mall, we were home pretty early and decided to do our annual Christmas light looking. Every year we make hot chocolate, drive around, and look at Christmas lights. It's one of my favorite things to do.

Sleepy girl.....

I really wish the snow would just melt already, but it doesn't look like that's going to happen any time soon....

Sunday afternoon was our annual cookie baking day with my mom's family. This year we made lemon blossoms in addition to cookies. Yum!

I also decorated some sugar cookies.

Today I had a whole day inside my house. Wahooo! It's finals week, but I didn't have any exams today. So I literally stayed in my pajamas all day :)

It's funny because every time I sign into Facebook or Twitter I see someone new posting about how awful finals are or linking to a Buzzfeed article about finals.

And then there's me - just chilling all day with only two finals this week, and one is tomorrow afternoon, and the other was a paper I submitted today. Ha! Apparently I picked the right major ;)

It's not like I did nothing today though. I did a lot of studying and typing my paper with Coco by the glow of our Christmas tree (which is the best way to do homework!).


I finished up everything early though and was able to watch The Grinch tonight too. This is the easiest finals week I've ever had - seriously, it's been 10X easier than any of my high school finals weeks!

Now I'm off for a good night's sleep before my last exam. Less than 24 hours until my first semester of college is over. Yikes!

No comments: