Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Day 15

Well, I have some catching up to do.....I will start with Sunday, January 19th.

We left for Chicago a little before 9. I was super excited. We slept, watched movies (Jonas Brothers Walmart Soundcheck and Night at the Museum 2), and listened to music on the way down. We stopped to get some gas at this place with a giant cow mural...it was really funny.

We finally made it to Chicago (after seeing tweets from John Fields at the Bean and Nick with girls outside his hotel). We settled into the hotel and got ready in a record time because we wanted to get to the venue as soon as we could! When we got there, there were a ton of other girls around in the back by the stage entrance. (Our hotel was only a block from the theater!) We waited, and waited, and froze, and waited. It was seriously freezing outside! My hands hurt SO bad. One of the security guys told us that 2 more buses were coming. Michael Bland pulled up in one of the cars, and a bus pulled up with Sonny, and I can't really remember who else :)

AND THEN another bus pulled up! At this time I was seriously freaking out. After they got the bus backed up into one of the spots, I was shacking so badly it was unreal. I think it was a mixture of the cold and excitement! Well, guess who came out of the bus?? NICK JONAS!! It was crazy! He waved to everyone, and then started making his way around talking, and getting pictures taken. He was so sweet. He really spent time talking to all of the people. Unfortunately, he didn't have enough time to make it to our side of the barrior, but he did sing us a small acoustic set. He was just like, "I would like to play a few songs for you, just a little something special", and trust me, it was very special. He was standing about 10 feet in front of Abby and I. (He sang Rose Garden and Who I Am!) Mr. Jonas was there too, and he was moving along to the beat!

After he sang the 2 songs, he headed inside for soundcheck, and we headed back to the hotel to thaw out (I have never been so cold in my entire life....my hands HURT it was so cold. It was so worth it though :))

Then, we headed back up to the venue for the concert. The merch lines were insaning, so we just decided to get some tour books (I have decided to start a collection of tour books). Needless to say, the concert was amazing! I got to hear him perform Rose Garden twice in one day, and that is one of my favortites :) He also did some covers like, You Belong With Me, Fireflies, I Just Want to Celebrate, Catch Me, and Use Somebody. I was a really great show!! I still get excited every time I think about it.

After the concert, we headed back to the hotel, and after tweeting Nick Jonas, we ended up falling asleep with our concert outfits on :)

That was about the extent of one of the BEST DAYS EVER!!