Sunday, July 3, 2011

4th of July Weekend

I have been extremely busy this weekend - but I'm not complaining! This weekend was a lot of fun and a lot of time spent with my family.

On Friday night I went with some of my friends to the mall. Most of my money was spent on food - ha! But I did end up getting a new pair of jean shorts and cute new tank. Everyone was at the mall that night. I ran into my cousin, his son, and his girlfriend, and I also ran into my aunt and cousin.

On Saturday we went over my parent's friend's house. They have a pool, so we headed over there to swim. The weather around here hasn't been that great in the past month, so I haven't had a lot of opportunities to swim. The water felt SO good!

I ate way too much food, so you know it was a good party - ha! They grilled out hot dogs, and we ate coneys for dinner. Most of the people left a little while after dinner, but my family stayed the longest. I played with the kids, and I was cracking up the whole time. Most of my parent's friends have younger kids, and the ones that are older don't have a lot in common with me. So I actually get along the best with the youngest ones.

When it got dark, we set off Roman Candles. I love summer.

Today I dressed my dog up for the occasion. I love torturing her :)

I also dressed myself up in my red, white, and blue. Normally this wouldn't be "photo-worthy", but the front screen on my new digital camera is just too fun not to play with!

I broke out my blue earrings too. I haven't worn these in a long time! My aunt bought them for me in Italy (I think), and I think they are beautiful!

Tonight we headed to dinner with my grandpa, and then to a fireworks display with my parent's friends. When I got there, I met up with my friends for a little while, but when it was time for the fireworks to start, I went with my family to our blankets.

[Riley and Sydney]

[Sydney]

How cute is he?!?!?!

My pictures didn't turn out real well - it's always so hard to get good pictures of fireworks, but here are the best ones.....



I'd say this was one of the best weekends I've had in a long time!

No comments: