Friday, March 16, 2012

Real Life {Time}

Every once in awhile I like to take a little break from posting about my life so that I can do a post about my thoughts about life.

So, be ready for a super random, fly-by-the seat of your pants kind of post....


I'm trying to figure out how I went from this.....

....to this?

I guess what I'm trying to say is, I don't like the fact that I'm growing up so fast.

I'm seriously having a hard time accepting the fact that this time next year I'll be getting ready to graduate and go off to college. I practically shut down anytime someone asks me what my plans are for college because I'm in denial that I'm old enough to be looking into that.

I'm in denial that I'm old enough to drive a car.

I'm in denial that in a few years, I'll be a legal adult.

Heck, I'm in denial that we are studying World War 2 in my American History class. It seems like just yesterday that we were starting out in 1492, and now we're almost done!

I have mixed feelings about this year to be honest. Everyone has told me that junior year is the hardest, and although it has been much more difficult than the last few years, I don't think it's as bad as I had expected. Sure, I have more homework and I have to work harder, but this year hasn't been impossible for me.

With that being said, in one way I'll be glad when this year is over if it really is one of the hardest years academic-wise. But on the other hand, I really don't want to leave high school, as silly as it sounds!

I had a really good day today at school. Nothing was over-the-top great, but it was just one of those "good" days. In my last 2 classes, we didn't do a whole lot since we had a quiz and an essay due, so we all just hung out for a little while and watched a little bit of the NCAA tournament. We were all laughing, being goofy, and simply getting along great with everyone. The group of girls that are in most of my classes never get into crazy drama. I've never experienced anything except kindness from the girls in my classes.

I couldn't help but look around today and realize how great I've got it. I genuinely like all of the girls who are in the majority of my classes. And I thought about how this time with all of these nice and sweet girls won't last forever.

My mom ran into a girl she went to high school the other day, and I thought about how weird it is that I might not see some of the girls I currently see everyday until 20 years down the road. And that makes me really sad.

I know that there are great things that will happen to me in the future, but a part of me really doesn't want to leave all of the great things now.

So I guess I'll just have to make memories and savor the moments that I do have. Because I do still have 1 more year.

Is it just me, or does anyone else get a little sad when you realize how a good chapter of your life is numbered and won't last that much longer?


Sorry this wasn't the most cheerful post, but this has been on my mind lately, and I just wanted to share. Have a great Friday!

No comments: