Sunday, February 10, 2013

Birthdays and Colleges

I'm really sad to see this weekend go because I have a busy week ahead. Not looking forward to that.....

Thankfully my weekend started a little bit early for me though! I had a college visit on Friday, so Thursday was like my Friday. It was also my mom's birthday. I was pretty proud of the gift I bought her - a totally beach-themed present. My mom loves the beach, and I thought a touch of summer was so fun in February!

We celebrated Thursday night with dinner and cheesecake. Yum!

I posted this picture on Facebook - it's one of my favorite pictures of my mom and I from when I was little.

Like I mentioned earlier, I didn't go to school on Friday because I had an Honors brunch at UC. I went with my friend Erin, and it was kind of fun. At lunch we were talking about the afternoon presentations, and we realized we had both already listened to those before. So we skipped on the rest of the afternoon, and instead grabbed a Starbucks, shopped around the bookstore, popped in the library, and just walked around campus. I felt like we were college students already - ha!

I literally did nothing Friday night. It was kind of cold, and I was tired, so I stayed home and actually watched some old TV shows from when I was younger on YouTube. I hadn't watched That's So Raven in years, and it was fun to take a trip down memory lane :)


On Saturday I spent the afternoon at another college. This time Xavier though. I had a scholarship interview that pretty much lasted all day. At this point, I'm just glad it's over!

Then we went home and got ready to head out to dinner!

Everyone on my dad's side of the family went out to eat at the Moerlein Lager House downtown. It's one of my favorite new restaurants. We had started planning this dinner at Christmas, so I had been looking forward to it for a long time. It also landed on my cousin Erin's birthday, so we were celebrating that as well.

It was so fun being together with everyone. What I love about my dad's side of the family is that when we plan something like this, all of my aunts, uncles, and cousins show up. That's a lot harder to do on my mom's side of the family :)

We also got my favorite dessert there: blueberry cobbler. I'm so surprised I love this so much because normally I believe that if it doesn't have chocolate in it, it's not considered a dessert. I'm also not a huge blueberry fan, but this cobbler is to die for!

I just have to add in this cute picture I took of Coco last night too.....

Today I have had more homework to work on than I have in a long time. Definitely a bummer, but I only have a 4 day week followed by a 4 day weekend, so I'm looking forward to a bit of a break at the end of the week. I'm also looking forward to watching the Grammy's tonight :)

I hope you all had a fantastic weekend!

No comments: