Monday, February 18, 2013

Successful Shopping Day

Today my mom and I headed up to Easton to do some shopping! We go up there once or twice a year, and it's always so fun. I'm pretty sure if there was something like it close to me, I would be there all the time.

We got up early this morning and actually got to Easton around 10:30. It's always funny to me how there is nothing between Cincinnati and Columbus except for farms :)

Once we got to Easton we started off at Macy's. I was on a mission to find a prom dress. I realize prom isn't for 2 more months, but I always have luck finding dresses at the Easton Macy's. I had a dress that was my cousins's years ago, but I didn't totally love it and it needed to be hemmed. So my mom said that if I could find a dress for $50 that wouldn't need to be altered, I could get that instead. And the second dress that I tried on was the one - and it ended up being $56 :)

After that we took a break for lunch. We found this new Italian restaurant called Piada that we decided to try.

It was SO cute inside.

It was very unique too, but I LOVED it! I ordered a piada, which is basically a thin round piece of dough. Then you fill it with whatever you want - I got pasta, chicken, Alfredo sauce, and mozzarella cheese in mine. It was really good and really different too. It ended up basically being an Italian burrito, and in my opinion, even better than a normal burrito!

Then it was back to more shopping. I just think this place is the cutest outdoor shopping center ever!

We also made a dessert stop at Sugardaddy's. They have the best brownies and blondies. We got their Campfire Blondie and Rich Mint Brownie (my favorite!).



One thing I love about Easton is the variety of stores they have. They've got a Macy's, Nordstrom, Barnes & Noble, Sephora, Loft, Express, Louis Vuitton, Tiffany's, Victoria's Secret, Bath & Body Works, Kate Spade, and a whole lot more. I like how they have affordable stores, as well as designer stores that are still so fun to browse in. They're also opening an American Girl Store there this summer, and I must admit I'm excited for that. Not because I like American Girl dolls anymore, but because they bring me back to my childhood, and I love seeing little girls get excited about those dolls because that was totally me when I was little.




The day was a success since I not only got a prom dress, but also that Express top I talked about the other day, some new baking stuff, a pair of earrings, a cookie from Cheryl's, and a new Clinique product I can't wait to try out.

We also picked up some Cinnabon cinnamon rolls on the way out. I can't wait to enjoy one of those for breakfast tomorrow!

On the way home my mom and I also stopped at Cracker Barrel for dinner - one of my favorites!

Overall I had a pretty fabulous day, and I'm already planning my next trip up to Easton! I know I end a lot of posts this way, but I am seriously thankful to be so blessed.

No comments: