Monday, February 4, 2013

Makeup Monday {Organization}

I don't have a crazy amount of makeup, but I have enough makeup products that I can't just throw them in a small makeup bag and call it a day. That's why today's post is all about how I organize my makeup! I personally love getting ideas about this from other people, so I wanted to share my own.

I don't have my own bathroom in my house, so that means I have to keep all of my makeup in my room. I used to just have a makeup bag with all of my favorite products thrown on the floor of my room because I didn't have anywhere else to put it. I recently organized though and now it's in a much better spot!

I keep all of my everyday products on the bottom shelf of my desk because it's right there so I can grab it quickly every morning.

(And don't you love that throwback picture from grade school - ha! That's me with my friends Abby and Ashley, and they gave me this frame when we graduated. I just recently found it when I was cleaning things up, and I had to put it up. It cracks me up how much we've changed in 4 years!)

I keep my palettes and makeup brushes in the front (just because I think they look cute), and my makeup bag in the back.

I used to just throw my brushes in with the rest of my makeup, but I was worried that they would eventually get ruined. So I got this super cute chalkboard jar from Target! I think it was only $6, and they had a bunch of different sizes and colors. I just think it's the cutest thing. I still need to find a piece of chalk to write on it though :)

Then I have my makeup palettes in this little basket. This basket is the perfect size, and I love how it kind of displays my palettes. I've had this basket for years - I actually think it was part of a cookie bouquet I got years ago.

Then my makeup bag (Clinique) is basically a catch-all for my everyday products. I keep my most used items in there so they're all together in one place.

Most of my lipgloss I keep in my purse. Actually I have so many different tubes of lip gloss that I have maybe 2-3 in each of my purses so that when I switch purses, I have some different ones to choose from that I haven't used in awhile - ha! But I also keep a few on my desk so that I can use one as I'm running out the door in the morning. I usually keep my Revlon Lip Butters here because I use those the most often.

Then I keep everything else in a drawer in my closet.  I have 2 of those pretty large Rubbermaid containers with the plastic drawers in my closet. Those have definitely helped me be more organized (although my closet is still pretty messy....).  I have one drawer specifically set aside for makeup products. In there I keep the stuff I don't use every day. Basically a bunch of mascara, eyeshadows, powders, and lip gloss that I either got tired of using or just haven't been my favorite.


And those are my organization tips! I think it's best to keep the products you use a lot somewhere that you can easily access them, and then the products you don't use as often in another spot. That's what works for me.

No comments: