Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Snowy Weekend

This past weekend has kept me asking why I don't live in the south. I am NOT a winter girl, and I seriously hate the snow, which is what we've had all weekend. Boo!

Although it was kind of nice having a 2 hour delay on Friday. The bad part? Having to shovel snow off my car in the morning. No fun!

We watched a movie in school on Friday, so they cut out 3 of our classes, and the remaining 4 were only 20 minutes long. Success!

That night my friend Danielle came over and we worked on some more Senior Trip plans. It's really coming together - we just need to find some good airfare and we're ready to go. Yay!

Saturday morning I lounged around with Coco. I really don't think she's a dog :)


Then I spent my afternoon playing with this cutie. I love babysitting her!



The snow continued to fall that afternoon.....

That night I cuddled up on the couch with Coco, watched a movie, and worked on another baby shower banner for one of my mom's coworkers.

Sunday was spent doing what I do pretty much every Sunday....baking! I made a homemade chocolate cake, and it is seriously my favorite recipe ever. The cake is SO moist and chocolaty.

We didn't have any Superbowl plans, so we just spent the night at home. We made some party food for dinner, and then I didn't even watch any of the game (besides the halftime show!). Coco wasn't very interested in the game either.....


I was off school on Monday (wahoooo!), so I finished up that baby shower banner in the morning. This time the theme was trains, and I'm once again happy with the way it turned out.


Then my mom and I headed out for lunch at Panera. Perfect on a cold winter day!

We went to Target afterwards and found this new limited edition Ghirardelli: Dark Chocolate Strawberry. It's SO good!

Then I worked some more on my cake. Can you tell how moist it is?!? I can't wait to dig into this once it's completely finished :)

A messy kitchen is the sign of a successful baking afternoon - ha!

It snowed some more yesterday afternoon too. It was actually some of the craziest snowfall I've seen in years. The snowflakes were huge, and they came down really fast. Of course it hit when I had to pick up the kids I babysit too, so I had to drive in it. Bummer. Have I mentioned how much I hate winter?

I finished working on my cake last night too! I made homemade fondant, and it turned out so good. I have a meeting with my mentor tonight, so my plan is to finish decorating it then. I'm really impressed with how professional it looks though and how easy it was to do it. The homemade fondant makes a HUGE difference in taste :)





I can't wait to dig into that cake tomorrow! I'm also really excited about the rest of this week. It's only a 3 day week for me. I'm super happy about that :)

No comments: