Sunday, May 5, 2013

Prom 2013

A little over a week ago (April 26th), I had my senior prom! I think prom is just about the best school dance ever. It's fancy, it's fun, and everyone usually goes all out. I also think it's cool how prom is such a universal event - almost everyone goes to prom!

I was lucky enough to have earned a free day at school through a fundraiser earlier in the year. I saved it up and took it on prom day.

So I started the day off by getting a manicure. I had actually only ever had one other manicure before that, so it was SO fun. I may need to get a French manicure more often :)

Then my mom and I had lunch at O'Charley's. It was really funny because I ended up running into the principal of my school there while she was eating lunch. Seemed funny that school was technically in session, but we were both at lunch - ha!

Then it was time to get my hair done - prom was pretty much a whole day-long preparation. I hadn't had my hair styled professionally since my 8th grade graduation, and I'm so happy I decided to do it for prom.

In the afternoon I went through my mom's senior yearbook since I had a little bit of time. She graduated from the same high school I go to, so it's fun to look and see what teachers are still there. I also stumbled across a picture of her, my dad, and their friends at their senior prom. So neat! My parents are the second couple from the left.

Then I finished getting ready so that when my mom got home from work I would be all ready to take some pictures.






I then had to meet over my friend Rachel's house for a few pictures before we went to dinner.

Our dinner reservations were downtown, so we took a few pictures on Fountain Square before eating.











We had dinner at McCormick & Schmicks, a really great seafood restaurant.

We then met up with a few of my other friends for Graeter's and some pictures by the fountain.

Next it was time for prom! Our prom was held at Paul Brown Stadium, and I really do like it there. The banquet room over looks the city, and I just think it's really neat. One thing I love about prom is that it's a fun night where literally all of your friends are there.

Our theme was a Red Carpet Affair, so all things movies.











After prom we decided on a whim to head out to IHOP - ha! Because pancakes are always a good idea at 12:30 in the morning, right?

It was such a fun night spent with good friends. I am so blessed to have been able to go to the high school I have for the past 4 years. I have met and made so many great friends that I will always be thankful for.

No comments: