Thursday, May 23, 2013

Unofficially Summer

This morning I put on my uniform skirt for the last time.

I drove to Seton for the last time as a student.

Today was, unofficially, the last day of school. Which means, it is also unofficially summer for me.

This morning was just like all the others. My alarm went off at 6:05. I ate breakfast. I put on my uniform, fixed my hair, and did my makeup. But at the same time, it was completely different. It was the last day I would do that.



I put together this little side-by-side comparison. I can't believe how much I've changed!

This one makes me kind of sad too.....

So, technically yesterday was our last day of class and kind of like our last day of "normal school." Today was graduation practice and senior exams. I don't have to take any exams (Yay!), but I did have to stay and turn in some art projects. I was finished by 10:45 though. It was kind of sad leaving for the last time and walking through the hallways really one final time as a Seton student.

I was thankful I was done early so I could go to my cousin's little "graduation" from preschool. Basically they just sang a few cute songs and got a memory book from their teacher. When my mom told me it was a "graduation" I was joking with her and asking who the valedictorian was (aka who could name their colors the best and write their name the neatest) and if they were going to give a speech - ha! I guess finishing preschool isn't quite the same as completing high school :)



My cousin posted this cute picture too!

Then my mom and I headed downtown for lunch. We tried a restaurant we had never been to before called It's Just Crepes. I was really impressed with it and would definitely go back! I love crepes, and these were so good. I obviously went for a sweet crepe, but they had savory ones as well. Mine had strawberries, bananas, chocolate chips, and vanilla cream sauce in it. So yummy!


We walked around and shopped downtown a bit too before we headed home. Lately I've had the itch to get a new iPhone cover. I love the ones I have, but I just want something different. Macy's had some ADORABLE Coach ones on sale for less than $30, but only for the iPhone 5. So if you have an iPhone 5 get to the downtown Macy's ASAP and pick up a super cute (and cheap!) iPhone case. But anyway, I was browsing online because Nordstrom is having a huge sale, and I came across a Tory Burch 4/4S case marked down below $30. I, of course, ordered it right away, and now I'm so excited for it to come in! Have I mentioned how much I love Nordstrom's free shipping and free returns on EVERY purchase? I noticed the case I bought is now out of stock, but they have some other cute ones on sale, including some Kate Spade. Check it out if you're in the market for a new case.

So that's been my pretty great start to my unofficial summer. The only things I have left are a prayer service, Mother/Daughter breakfast, awards assembly, graduation practice, and graduation itself next week. I also have a 5 day weekend before any of those festivities. I can't believe the end is in sight and in another week I will officially be a high school graduate!

No comments: