Monday, May 13, 2013

Weekend Fashion Post

While looking over my pictures from the weekend, I realized I had a whole bunch of fashion pictures because I did a lot of shopping this weekend. So I decided to turn this weekend recap into a bit of a fashion post as well.

But first, because I just like to be random around here, I'm starting off with a cute picture of Coco because well, she's cute!

On Saturday night my family and I headed out to the mall to do some shopping. I found a bunch of fun things and added some items to my "keep an eye on" list.

First off, I really wanted a pair of white capris. But my favorite trick to stretch your money a bit? Take a pair of pants, and just roll them up a little bit until they are capri length. Totally easy and it eliminates the need to ever buy capris again! It works best with skinny jeans, but the white ones I ended up getting are a little boot cut, and it still works well!

I also tried on this adorable Michael Kors top that I kind of fell in love with. That's the problem with trying on Michael Kors clothes - so easy to love them, not so easy to hand over the cash for them - ha! I'm going to keep my eye on it though and hope and it goes on sale. The white jeans are INC - my favorite jean brand ever.

I also passed on this giraffe print INC top since it wasn't on sale, but it's definitely staying on my wish list. I'm not finding it on Macy's website, but I just think it's so cute, especially with the little bow belt.

I also checked out the new Lilly Pulitzer store that just opened up in the mall. I love looking around in there, and the store is so nice. The fitting rooms were great too - I took both of these pictures in the fitting room.


When I got home I tried on my new white pants with my favorite Express peplum top and my new graduation shoes. Love how easy and cute this outfit is!

I also want to mention a super cute fashion blog I recently stumbled upon that led me to those yellow wedges (they're Callisto's Tiara Wedge Sandal in Yellow Patent). It's called Pinterest Told Me To. I think it's so fun to read - you should check it out.

I stumbled upon store that I went to the first time over the weekend - Papyrus. It's a paper store with lots of stationary, cards, and wrapping paper. I went in looking for some thank you cards. With graduation coming up, I have a lot of thank you notes to write to teachers and family. I loved all of their cards, and the quality is so great too. I will definitely be buying from them again in the future!

These are the 2 designs I ended up getting. It's hard to tell, but both of them have a little bit of glitter on them, which is always a plus in my book.

I went to Target yesterday and was really pleased with the new line of shoes they have in collaboration with Sam & Libby. Sam & Libby is a shoe brand that has the offshoot Sam Edelman, which is what I was more familiar with initially. I've liked Sam Edelman shoes for a little while, but I've never wanted to shell out the cash for them.

For example, take these shoes. Cute, right? Well, Nordstrom is selling them for $64.95. I'm just not a fan of paying that much money for a pair of sandals.

Now look at these shoes. These are the Sam & Libby ones that I ended up buying from Target. They look almost identical to the Sam Edelman Nordstrom pair, but the Target ones? Only $24.99. I suggest you check them out at Target because all of the collection was really cute and reasonably priced. Love it!

Hope you all had a great weekend!

No comments: