Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Bittersweet Summertime

I have reached the bittersweet part of summer. I'm really enjoying these last few weeks of freedom, but at the same time, I'm sad it's almost over. More than that, I'm sad that most of my friends are going to different schools in a few weeks, which means different STATES for most of them. I could go on and on about this, but I'll save that for another day :). Instead I'm just dropping in to post about some of the things I've been up to recently!

On Friday afternoon my mom and I headed out to the mall mainly to just get Yagoot since we had a free coupon that was only valid that day. Yum!

I love this picture of Coco and I that I took on Saturday....

Saturday evening my family and I went to Newport and walked across the Purple People Bridge and over to The Banks just to get out of the house and get some exercise. The weather has been great these past few days, and I feel like I've been spending all of my time downtown - ha!

We rewarded ourselves with some Orange Leaf, which we enjoyed outside.

Every time I go downtown I fall more and more in love with this city.


When I got home I was in the mood to do some cleaning (it doesn't hit often, so I just have to go with it when it does). I cleaned out the area under my bed, which hasn't been done in years, and made some observations....

1. Thankfully my artistic ability has improved over the years. I have no idea who Rose is, but apparently I liked to draw her. Apparently she also had really big lips.

2. I keep the strangest things. This would be a flyer that I had to make in computer class with my friend Rachel probably in like 6th or 7th grade.

3. I didn't learn anything in Reading my 6th grade year. Instead my friends and I would color pictures, like this one.

4. I am a shopping bag hoarder.

5. I am a sentimental person. I got this pot when I was accepted into high school with a scholarship. I finally decided to get rid of it this weekend, but it definitely made me sad.

On Sunday I went out to dinner with one of my friends. We had originally planned to go downtown, but when we realized most places were closed, we went to the Incline House instead that overlooks the city. The view alone is a reason to go to the restaurant, not to mention the fact that the sandwich I got was really good.

When I was at work yesterday, I was listening to a Pandora station (a major plus to my job - I can listen to music while I work!). It was a Tim McGraw station, and it was kind of weird how a bunch of songs that totally fit my current situation kept coming on. It was like Pandora knew how I'm starting college in 2 weeks and am having to say goodbye to friends this week. And me being the emotional person I am totally started tearing up while listening to a few of these songs. It's a good thing all the people in my work area were gone this afternoon and I was back there by myself, although they probably wouldn't have noticed anyway :)

I've got a few more bittersweet moments planned this week as I say goodbye to some friends that are going away to college. The emotional/sentimental person inside of me is sad and dreading it already. This is the week I haven't been looking forward to for a long time now. Seems funny though that I'm so sad when it's my friends that are moving away to towns where they don't know a soul :)

No comments: