Thursday, August 8, 2013

Perfect Weather & The Greene

Our weather has been very nontraditional this summer. Normally it's super hot and muggy. This summer though, it's been pretty comfortable. The temperature has been dropping to the 60s overnight and gets up to around 80 during the day. It has been terrible swimming weather, but perfect weather for just about everything else.

On Sunday I ran out to the store, and I snapped this picture on the way home. The sky almost looked fake it was so pretty.

That night my family went out to eat down the river. It was perfect!

I took this picture Monday night. Every evening Coco lays in my parent's bed until we all go to sleep. This allows her to fall asleep so that when she gets in her cage for night, she doesn't start barking. I'm usually the one to put her to bed, and it's always so cute because she is SO out of it that she will actually let me snuggle with her a little :)

On Tuesday my mom and I headed out for a day of shopping. We went up to The Greene since there is just nothing like it close to where we live. We tried a new restaurant too called bd's Mongolian Grill.

The restaurant had a really interesting concept. They gave you a bowl, and you went up to a buffet and filled up the bowl with raw meat or seafood, veggies, sauces, and spices, you gave the bowl to the workers, and they cooked it on a huge grill right in front of you. It was good, but I was an amateur and didn't fill my bowl completely, so I left a little hungry (they charge you more to go up a second time). Oh well! It was pretty good, and I learned my lesson for next time.

I just love shopping at The Greene! It's similar to Easton, just a bit smaller and closer to home.

I just about died when I went into Sephora and saw that the Disney collection has returned.....this time with Ariel! The Little Mermaid was my favorite movie growing up, and at one time my entire room was Ariel themed. You can see the whole Sephora Little Mermaid collection here!

If you're not familiar with the Disney collection, here's the scoop. Every few months Sephora has been releasing a limited edition Disney Princess collection. So far, they've done Cinderella, Jasmine, and now Ariel. The collection usually includes nail polish, lip gloss, an eyeshadow quad, a large eyeshadow palette, and perfume. I have the Cinderella eyeshadow quad, and I love it! So I went for the Ariel quad as well. Even the box it came in was super cute.....

The outside of the quad is adorable as well. It's officially called the Part of Your World Eyeshadow Palette - how cute?

And this is the inside of the palette. The colors even have Ariel-inspired names....Who's-It, What's-It, Dinglehopper, and Snarfblat. Love that!

I haven't actually tried the colors out yet, but when I do, I'll let you know what I think.

I also got a freebie with my purchase. I have a Sephora Beauty Insider card, and when you get to 100 points, you can pick out a free gift. Sometimes the freebies are really small and kind of lame. I actually reached a 100 points last time I bought something, but I didn't trade them in because the free gifts at that time were stupid. The freebies now are really good though. I ended up going with a small bottle of the Deborah Lippmann nail polish in Happy Birthday. It's a little more than half the size of a regular bottle, and the regular ones retail for $19. I could never justify spending that much on a bottle of nail polish, but I was all over the free one. It's so pretty painted over another color, which is what I'm wearing right now.

Since we hadn't eaten a big lunch, we stopped for a strawberry cheesecake crepe in the afternoon too. It was so yummy!

I saw this book at the bookstore there, and now it's on my list of books to read! I didn't buy it since I've got a few I still need to read, but from the cover, it looks right up my alley.

After our shopping, we had to go to Rita's!


We also went to the Dayton Mall just to look around. It looks pretty big from the outside, but it ended up being kind of lame. They had a lot of super trendy and weird stores (I'm pretty sure there were 3 separate stores to get your eyebrows done). It was just a little bizarre, but the Macy's there is pretty nice!

Then since we didn't need to be home for anything and were driving right by anyway, we stopped at the outlets. I had only ever been to these outlets once before, so it was fun to look around. I didn't buy anything though. This whole I-have-over-$100-worth-of-college-textbooks-charged-on-my-credit-card thing is cramping my shopping style - ha!

We ate dinner that night at Applebee's, and since we had to wait a little while for our server to get to our table, we got a free dessert. Bonus!

This was the sky on our ride home!

I really can't believe summer is almost over. I'm really trying to soak up these last few weeks before college starts. Yikes! Hope you all are having a great summer too :)

No comments: