Sunday, July 28, 2013

Shopping & Sweet Treats

On Friday my friend Danielle and I went up to Easton for the day to do some shopping. There is just nothing like Easton around us, so I always look forward to going up there. It was an absolutely gorgeous day too, so we had perfect weather for walking around all of the outdoor shops.

Our first stop was lunch, and we went to Piada. Easton has tons of different restaurants, but I always like going some place that I can't go to back home. That's why I love Piada. It's super unique since it's basically like an Italian Chipotle. You can get a piada, which is a thin piece of Italian dough, and then whatever toppings you want, or you can get a pasta bowl with your choice of toppings. It's SO good. If there was one by me, I would go there a lot. This is my piada with spaghetti, chicken, alfredo sauce, and mozzarella cheese inside. Yum!

So pretty!


We went in this store that sold all things made in Ohio. It was actually super neat and had tons of jams and syrups that I was dying to try (I'm actually wishing I had picked up the Cinnamon Sticky Bun Syrup!). It was just such a cute store, and when we saw that they were selling homemade gourmet cotton candy, we had to get some! I haven't tried mine yet, but Danielle told me it was really good, so I'm super excited to dig into it later.

They even have palm trees at Easton. PALM TREES IN OHIO. Just another reason Easton is one of my favorite places......

After some shopping, we stopped in Jeni's to get some ice cream. I had heard of Jeni's before, so when I saw that one recently opened at Easton, I was so excited.

The inside of the shop was so cute.

All of their flavors are super unique too - I wanted to try them all! You don't just go in and order chocolate or vanilla - the flavors are way fancier than that. I ended up getting a combination of Salty Caramel and Dark Chocolate, which was delicious.

An American Girl store just recently opened up at Easton as well. Where was this when I was 8?!

I was American Girl obsessed when I was little, so we had to go in and reminisce on our childhood.


Danielle and I both decided that we want a job just doing doll hair all day.


I just love the overall feel of Easton and all of the little streets lined with store fronts.




We stopped in this little chocolate boutique called Le Chocoholique. I was stunned with how gorgeous their chocolates were. Each one was hand crafted to perfection. The store itself was really adorable with couches and a fireplace. Looking at this display case, it's hard to even tell they are chocolates with how exquisite they were.

The chocolates were pricey, but I'm a bit of a chocolate snob. And being a baker, I can totally appreciate the work that went into them and the fact that they need to charge more for the time put into it. I bought the Red Velvet truffle, and it was divine.

We walked around and shopped for hours since the place is so big.

We had dinner at the California Pizza Kitchen, and the pizza we split was super yummy.

Before heading out, we had to stop and buy a few more goodies to take home. I got a Peanut Butter and Chocolate cookie from Cheryl's that I had this afternoon.

We also popped in Sugardaddy's, which is one of my favorite places to go at Easton.

I'm a creature of habit and got the Rich Mint Brownie, which is what I always get. It's just so good though.

I had a very successful day of shopping, and the sales were great. I love scoring good deals. I'm thinking of doing a post soon on the things I bought because I got a few inexpensive wardrobe staples as well as some other fun things!

It was such a fun day filled with friends, shopping, and sweets - what else could you ask for?!

No comments: