Saturday, July 13, 2013

Dominican Republic {Part 2}

I'm getting around to my second post on my recent trip to the Dominican Republic. If you missed the first one, you can see that here.

After breakfast Tuesday morning, my parents and I walked around and took a few pictures at the resort.











I have no idea what these things are, but they were totally fascinating since they were so weird.




After we went to the beach for a little while, we decided to take a walk. I wish I lived by the beach so I could walk on the beach  every day.




Sitting in the pool, surround by palm trees, a cold drink in hand with great friends and family makes for some pretty perfect moments.


I liked going back to the room a little early by myself to shower and get ready for dinner so I didn't have to rush and could relax a bit. It also meant that I was ready a little early, so on Tuesday I went out by myself to take some pictures.





Look at this beautiful bride! While we were there, we saw at least 3 brides. There is just something about seeing women on their wedding day that makes me so happy.








The whole resort was so pretty!


That night was our first a la carte restaurant. In addition to the buffets, they had a couple of different sit down restaurants. We could pick three to go to for dinner. Tuesday was the Mexican restaurant called Maria Bonita. I broke out my Lilly dress since it was the fanciest restaurant we went to.


I got a steak topped with cheese, and it was one of my favorite meals we had while we were in the Dominican.

And then we got to dessert......I order the Three Milk Cake. I had no idea what exactly it was going to be. Well, it turned out to be the best dessert of the week, and one of the best cakes ever! It was a cinnamon spice cake with a whipped frosting that was slightly caramelized on top. So delicious!

Riley gave us a little photo shoot after dinner - ha!

HAPPY STARFISH!

Pirate.

Muscles.

....no idea.

Sister photo bombing :)

Superhero?

Pufferfish. Maybe....? I really don't know :)

How cool are these pictures of the pool at night?



My parents and I went out walking a little bit after our friends went in for the night. We walked around the resort next to ours again - the Iberostar Bavaro.




Can you tell we took way too many pictures that turned out good? I'll post more later. Hope you all are having a great week!

No comments: