Friday, July 19, 2013

Dominican Republic {Part 4}

I am finally finishing up my posts about my recent Dominican Republic trip today. I totally didn't expect it to take me close to three weeks and a total of four blog posts (Part 1, Part 2, Part 3), but we had so many good pictures that it was hard for me to weed any out!

So here's the recap on the rest of my vacation.......

Friday was more of the same. Normally on our vacations we like to be doing stuff - exploring new areas, shopping, walking around - but it was actually kind of nice to do nothing but hang out at the beach and pool all week. Even when we do a Florida beach vacation, we never just do beach and pool all day every day. At first I thought we might get a little bored with it, but after some of the busiest and craziest months of my life, it was SO enjoyable to have a super relaxing vacation.


I was able to get a lot of reading done too!




That night we tried out the Star Rock Cafe, which was basically supposed to be an American sports bar. The food was good, American, and a nice break from the buffet. I got a grilled ham and cheese sandwich that tasted SO good after a week of the same kind of food every day at the buffet.



On Saturday I got up and took some pictures with my phone down at the beach before it got too crowded.





After breakfast we walked around the resort a bit.




So pretty!









Lobby!






We also walked around one of the other resorts that was next to our's - I believe it was the Riu Grand Bavaro. Technically we weren't supposed to be there, but we were just looking :) It was a much more expensive hotel, so it was fun to look around.

Lounge chairs built INTO the pool!





We spent the rest of the afternoon soaking up as much beach and pool time as we possibly could.





We had dinner at the Star Rock Cafe again that night since we had enjoyed it so much on Friday. We also got a few pictures taken on the beach.








The next morning we said our goodbyes to the beach. I was sad because it might be two more years before I get back to a beach!







We had one last breakfast at the buffet, and although I was getting tired of most of the food, these chocolate covered croissants were my absolute favorite!

Our friends from England happened to come in for breakfast at the same time, so we ate together.




When we got to the airport, we were surprised and excited to see that they had American food! We are not usually fast food eaters, but I had never been so happy to eat Wendy's chicken nuggets in my life - ha!


Goodbye Dominican!


I love how beautiful the ocean looks in these pictures.....


This is on the coast of South Carolina as I saw the USA for the first time in a week - so cool!

Overall the trip was such a blast, and I made so many great memories with family and friends. I don't need a fancy house or car, but vacations are what I live for!

No comments: