Tuesday, July 16, 2013

SIX!

Today my sweet Coco turned SIX years old - I can't believe it!


She's a crazy dog. She has really bad allergies, licks constantly, runs away from me daily, and scratches so much that she shrieks like a banshee. But at the end of the day, I love her so much.

She may be the craziest dog ever, but she's also the sweetest dog ever. She loves to curl up on my lap, run around and chase me, and give me little licks.

Today she spent her birthday snuggling with me all day. I unfortunately got my wisdom teeth taken out this morning, so we have been cuddling on the couch.

It's almost like she knew something was off with me because she pretty much hasn't left my side all day. I can't imagine having a more precious dog. I just can't get enough of her unconditional love.

Thankfully I have been doing pretty well today. This was the first time I had ever been put under anesthesia, and it was the weirdest thing I have ever experienced. I was out of it for a few hours there, but so far I don't have any swelling (a prayer I'm thankful God has answered at least for now!), and I really don't have any pain. It's more just uncomfortable. My bottom lip/chin area is still a little numb, but I've been able to eat soft foods, so that's good.

It didn't even hurt to chew up some of the cookie dough and brownie pieces in my favorite Half Baked ice cream. Score!

I'm hoping the rest of my recovery goes as well as today did because it honestly hasn't been as bad as I was anticipating.

Now I'm off to snuggle with Coco some more and read my book before heading off to bed. It's not everyday that your sweet dog turns six.

Happy birthday Coco!

No comments: