Saturday, August 24, 2013

College Stuff

With college just around the corner (or the weekend), I figured I would post some college stuff today - just some helpful sites I've found or things I've purchased for college especially since I know some college girls read my blog!

1. College Tips
I found this article that contains 42 tips for freshman, and I think a lot of them are really great!

This article is written by the same author, but it's 27 tips learned sophomore year. Again, this list has a lot of helpful tips.

2. Be Healthy
I found this website on Pinterest that has links to a ton of different articles on being healthy (both physically and mentally) in college.

3. Student Discounts
Who knew you could get so many discounts by flashing your student ID? This page lists 40 different places that offer student discounts.

4. Organization
This article lists 7 different apps to help you stay organized in college if you like to stay organized on your phone!

Personally, I'm still old fashioned with pen and paper. By now you're probably tired of hearing me rave about my Erin Condren Life Planner, so I won't go on and on about it again. If you want to read more of my thoughts on it though, you can read here and here.

5. Backpack
Up until now, I've always been an LL Bean backpack lover. LL Bean was THE backpack to have in grade school and high school. However, being up on campus, I've noticed that not many people do LL Bean backpacks anymore, and my high school one was getting kind of ratty anyway. What I really wanted was a North Face backpack, and then I got a bit of sticker shock when I first started looking. I just couldn't quite justify spending $80+ on a backpack, even if it was going to last me all through college. I ended up finding a discontinued color on eBags for $40 though! I got the Women's Jester, and I already really like it. I don't see it on the site anymore, but mine is blue and similar to this one:

6. Pens
I have recently come across a new favorite pen that I really wanted to share. They are Lilly Pulitzer (so they're cute too!), and they are double ended with a pen and highlighter. I just love the ones I have and would definitely repurchase them! You can order them here.

7. Textbooks
I was able to get 6 textbooks for this semester for about $200 out of my own pocket. I think that's pretty good! I would really look into renting textbooks if you still need some - I rented from Campus Book Rentals (you can read more about them here) and Barnes & Noble. I was super happy with all of my rented books. I also bought a book used on Amazon, which saved me $50. It was in perfect condition aside from the cover being a little bent, but who cares?

Those are just a few of the college resources and supplies I've found and liked.

To all my friends who are off to college (no idea if you're even reading anymore, but if you are....), good luck!

No comments: