Thursday, August 29, 2013

The Last One

Well, I am just about through my first week as a college student. I had hoped to have this post up sooner (I started it last weekend!), but I've just been so busy. Who knew there was so much reading in college?! One of these days I'll hopefully get around to blogging some more about college.

This past weekend was my last weekend of summer. Although the hot summer temperatures seem to be sticking around, it still feels as though summer is over since school has started. At this point, I'm ready for cooler weather so I can break out my boots and scarves :)

My last weekend before college was a really good one, and hopefully it is only a glimpse of things to come!

First off, speaking of fall, I have had two of these cookies from Cheryl's in the past week. Cinnamon pumpkin cookie - it tastes like fall to me.

Last Friday morning I had freshman convocation at UC. Parts of it were a little boring, but I was able to meet up with some people in my program/learning community that I had met earlier in the summer at orientation. Afterwards one of the girls and I went to lunch at this super delicious restaurant with some of the best mac & cheese ever. It was so fun getting to know a new friend!

Then I headed home and worked on some cake pops. My friend Abby was heading to a Candy Land themed party, and she asked me to make cake pops. I was so happy with the way they turned out!

I especially loved these little sundaes. I'll definitely be making more of these in the future.

I also went back up to UC that night to meet up with some friends for the "Fireworks and Foam Party." It was a fun night!

On Saturday my family and I headed up to the Greene to get Rita's :)

The sky was so pretty on the way home!

The weekend wrapped up with another cake pop project......Macy's cake pops! Since my dad works there, he asked me to make some for a bake sale they were having to support United Way. The red star logo ones turned out to be my favorites.

Hope you all have had a great week!

No comments: